MOBA is the most popular game genre among video gamers these days. Games of this sort feature a team of 5 members who work together while using their skills to defeat their common enemy.
These games can develop your sense of team spirit since they’re very competitive. When you are in the team, you have to communicate properly and co-operate with fellow members in order to see how best you can handle the milestone ahead. It’s not different from a working environment except that it is in a virtual world.
This genre started with the good old days of Future Cop, StarCraft followed by Warcraft III. Later DOTA 2 and League of Legends (LOL) took the upper hand over other MOBA games. Meanwhile, LOL becomes very popular taking over others with almost 100 million players worldwide.
MOBA games for Android have taken competitors by a storm, even though they are known to a few. They keep players hooked to their screens at all times and they’re free or paid and are easy to learn.
This list provides you with some of the best MOBA Android games we thought you might enjoy playing at the comfort of your own couch at home or on a bus.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
The Best MOBA Games for Android you can play at the moment
Onmyogi Arena is a 5v5 strategy online game developed by NetEase Games. It features a Japanese theme in Kyoto Hein are and it is free for download. This MOBA game allows you to choose your own Shikigami and work together with other team mates to destroy towers and minions.
- It has beautiful Japanese aesthetics
- It allows you to team up with other players
- It allows you to engage in 3v3v3 battles, 5v5 MOBA matches
- Your Shikigami is equipped with 4 different abilities and 2 spells for a balanced gameplay
- It features nice Japanese artwork
- It has simplified controls
- It has fast matches
- It has a good hero balance
- It has limited maps
- It faces occasional lags during gameplay
Garena AOV – Arena of Valor
Garena AOV – Arena of Valor is an action MOBA game that lets you choose from a legion of heroes in the arena. If you got what it takes to win, you can join fierce battles with teammates and navigate through the jungle, crush enemies and conquer the arena.
- It lets you engage in 5v5, 3v3, 1v1 MOBA battles
- Choose from a wide variety of heroes
- Enjoy fast matching with players around the world
- Enjoy a fast pace gameplay
- It lets you join your friends in a fierce team combats
- It has high quality character designs and visually appeasing animations
- It has a gameplay balance
- It is a bit slower in pace compared to Mobile Legends
- Your team’s Attack Damage Carry can’t roam freely
- There are instances of frame-skipping during gameplay
- It lags with slow internet connections
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Mobile Legends is an Action MOBA game developed by Moonton. This game is free for download on any Android device with a 4.0.3 version up. This game is undeniably the most popular game played by many android gamers currently. What keeps players hooked to the screens of their phones all the time are Moonton’s Mobile Legends updates which bring in several additions to the game.
- It has 5 different game modes to select
- There are 30 heroes you can choose from in the game
- It enables quick matchmaking
- It has built-in livestreaming
- It has easy mobile controls
- It has beautiful graphics
- It enables you to battle with real players from around the world and also computer opponents
- It has beginner friendly tutorials
- The gameplay is easy to learn
- The controls are easy to understand and accessible
- Sometimes you may face lagging on slow internet connections
- It features pay to win elements
- It has a generic gameplay
- You might encounter some glitches during play mode
This is a fantasy-themed MOBA game created and developed by Reality Squared Games. It has over 55 heroes to battle with in two large game maps.
- It has over 55 heroes to choose from
- It enables player customization
- It is a competitive gameplay
- It supports multiple languages
- It has multiple play modes
- It has a balanced gameplay
- It has over 55 heroes
- It has beautiful graphics
- It uses the VIP system
- It has a basic gameplay
- It has play to win elements
- There are not enough players to battle within the game
Heroes of Order & Chaos
Heroes of Order & Chaos is a strategic, team-based gameplay created by Gameloft. This game lets you choose from unique varied heroes, develop your skills and overpower foes and win victory for the team.
- Team up with friends from all over the world and battle
- It has 57 heroes with different abilities to unlock
- It has colorful graphics and visual designs
- It has simple game controls
- Enjoy high quality graphics
- There many heroes to collect
- It has excellent sounds
- Play with 5v5 and 3v3 modes
- It faces occasional server issues
- It can be glitchy in multiplayer gameplay
Game Controller for playing MOBA Games on your Android phone
Before you jump into play mode, you might want to consider using a game controller for Android to play with your MOBA games. This device replaces to touch screen taps with buttons and a joystick which is comfortable to the hands.
- It is easy to connect with Bluetooth through your Android smartphone
- It allows you to customize key settings
- It is compatible with Samsung Gear VR Headset
Note: It is compatible with some Android versions
What does MOBA stand for?
MOBA means Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
Which is a game that is similar to DOTA 2, but can also create a character of your own?
Arena of Valor.
Can you play lol on phone?
Yes, you can play League of Legends with Remotr on your cell phone. Installing Remotr on your phone is easy.
Step 1: Download the Remotr streamer for your windows computer from the website of Remotr
Step 2: Download the Android version from your Google play store
Note: It works with a Wi-Fi connection or a 3G or 4G mobile network
Now play lol on the bus or at school.
Win or lose
With these MOBA games, you will enjoy online multiplayer battles with your friends and strangers. You can play them anywhere for free without being tied to a computer screen at home. You are also given the freedom to select your own character and develop its skills and abilities over time and overpower your enemies.
From this list, which is the MOBA Android game you enjoyed most? For me, it was Mobile Legends and Garena AOV – Arena of Valor.
Is there any MOBA Game app for Android you can add to the list? If so, we would love to hear about it the comments below.