Smart air purifiers can let you monitor the quality of your home air and breathe comfortably. Fresh, pure air has never been more important for our health than it is now. Coughing, irritated eyes, sneezing, headaches, and other symptoms produced by the small pollutants floating through your indoor space may all be reduced with air purifiers, and the latest models allow you to take control of your air quality to a whole new level.
To name a few high-tech advancements, the top smart air purifiers today include voice assistant compatibility, applications that allow you to monitor particle levels, and the option to schedule cleanings days in advance.
How Do Smart Air Purifier Work?
Smart air purifier use filters to filter out airborne pollutants, particularly those known to cause health problems. They inhale air, filter out dangerous particles, and exhale clean, particle-free air. The premise of operation is that the machine’s motor and fan circulate the indoor air. The machine’s air filter removes or adsorbs various contaminants as the polluted air travels through it.
Smart air purifiers employ one of two systems: a continuous air filtration system that does not detect or monitor air quality, or a more efficient automated filtering approach that detects particles and adjusts their operation accordingly.
Smart air purifiers give you the power of data to monitor and adjust the air quality in your environment. They’re usually WiFi-enabled (sometimes marketed as Bluetooth-enabled) and come with a smartphone app that can help you track real-time and historical trends (such as when your air quality is at its best or worst), detect different types of toxins, and send you notifications when it’s time to change your filter or when air quality levels fall below the safety threshold. Some people must also construct a timed schedule in order to save energy.
What Are The Factors To Be Considered Before You Buy A Smart Air Purifier?
1. Room size:
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for air purifiers. Before purchasing an air purifier, make sure to calculate the square footage of your home or business. Small rooms are typically 300 square feet or less, medium rooms are 300 to 700 square feet, and large spaces are 1,900 square feet or more. Consider a whole-house air purifier if you need to purify the air in a room larger than that.
Like a central air system, air purifiers need regular maintenance. You will want to consider the necessary cost of replacing filters over the lifetime of the air purifier.
Some air purifiers have caster wheels or handle for portability. These features come in handy if you plan on moving your air purifier between rooms.
Hepa filters: HEPA filters, which are often constructed of cotton, fiberglass, or foam, may capture particles as thin as 0.3 microns.
Carbon filters: It is made of carbon. These filters are commonly used in conjunction with other filters and are efficient at removing smells, VOCs, and gases.
Pre-filters: Pre-filters can trap bigger particles and increase the efficiency of your air filter when used in conjunction with other filters.
5. Contaminant removal:
- Allergens: Pollen, dust, mites, and other pollutants that cause asthma and allergies.
- Pet hair: Hair, fur, and dander from animals.
- Fumes: Cigarette smoke, fireplace soot, and other pollutants.
- Odor: Smells from smoke, pets, cooking, and other sources.
- Volatile organic compounds: Paints, varnishes, disinfectants, degreasers, adhesives, air fresheners, cosmetics, and other home items and aerosol sprays create volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are gases and chemicals. Headaches, allergies, nausea, dizziness, eye irritation, exhaustion, and other health problems may be caused by some of these pollutants.
6. Noise level:
If you’re easily bothered by background noise, you’ll want to take note of the air filter’s decibel level on its lowest fan setting.
Best 3 Smart Air Purifier you Need to be Aware of
|Item Dimensions||14.8 x 14.8 x 22.8 inches|
|Item model number||AP-2015F|
|Generic Name||AIRMEGA 111013 The Smarter Air Purifier, 1560 sq. ft., White|
Coway’s app-enabled version of its Airmega 400S air purifier is an excellent alternative for lofts or open office spaces, as it can clean the air in rooms up to 1,560 square feet. (There’s also a 300 version that can accommodate up to 1,256 square feet.) It’s pretty compact for its powers, at 14.8 inches broad and long and 22.8 inches tall, and it boasts a clean and elegant look to boot.
This Energy Star-certified smart air purifier employs two Max2 filters, which combine activated carbon and genuine HEPA filters to remove 99.97 percent of 0.3-micron particulates and 99 percent of VOCs, as well as reduce the number of dangerous gases. It also includes a washable pre-filter to assist extend the appliance’s life.
- It has a colorful LED pollution sensor that reports your interior air quality in real-time, as well as an automated fan setting that adjusts to the air quality and lighting circumstances.
- The fan speed may be set to low, medium, or high with a maximum of 43.2 decibels, and it can be programmed to operate for one, two, four, or eight hours. It also features a sleep mode that runs at a much quieter 22 dB.
- The air purifier is compatible with Amazon Alexa and the Dash Replenishment service, so you can automatically reorder filters when they need to be replaced.
- It has a Smart mode that includes auto-speed, Eco, and sleep mode
- It has a real-time air quality monitoring system
- It has a filter that is a lifetime indicator
- Power consumption is 66 w and that is a bit high
- The noise level is 22 to 52 dB(A)
- Covers only 1,560 sq.Ft area for purification.
|Item Dimensions||16.54 x 9.45 x 27.17 inches|
|Item Weight||26 Pounds|
|Item model number||HSP002|
You can’t go wrong with Hathaspace’s Smart True HEPA Air Purifier 2.0 if you live in a space with dogs or other sources of pollution and odors. It contains a five-in-one air purification system that not only removes 99.97 percent of 0.3-micron-sized particles but also has a separate odor-neutralizing ionizer.
An anti-bacterial filter, an H13 true HEPA filter, and an ozone-safe ionizer make pollutants easy for the machine to collect.
- This air filter has an air quality sensor and a touch screen that displays real-time indoor air quality statistics, as well as an automatic mode that adjusts the fan speed based on the metrics of your surroundings.
- The remote control does an excellent job of controlling the air purifier without having to get up.
- This smart air purifier also has a sleep mode that runs at only 20 decibels, ensuring that you enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Large smart air purifier, H13 True HEPA composite filter, washable filter
- In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, adjusting the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level
- The air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOCs. With a state-of-the-art fan and motor, enjoy clean air delivered quietly and efficiently in your home, bedroom, office, kitchen, basement, dorm, apartment, or living room.
- The lack of a smartphone app
- Replacement of the filter should be done often.
|Item Dimensions||8.7 x 6 x 24.88 inches|
|Item Weight||8.62 Pounds|
|Item model number||305571-01|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
Dyson is well-known for its whisper-quiet vacuum cleaners and hair care products, but it is also well-known for its air purifiers. The new Pure Hot+ Cool HP04 air purifier is equally as powerful and efficient as previous models, plus it now supports Siri and Amazon Alexa.
This compact air purifier stands 30 inches tall and weighs just over three pounds, making it readily portable. Its two-layer genuine HEPA and activated charcoal filter are vacuum-sealed to remove smells and VOCs. All of this means that pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns are removed 99.97 percent of the time.
- The device not only displays live air quality statistics on an LCD screen, but it also oscillates up to 350 degrees.
- Distributes clean air up to 77 liters per second around the room.
- It also comes with separate remote control for those who choose not to use the included one.
- There are three separate sensors that determine when settings should be adjusted, ten fan speeds, a nighttime mode that keeps the purifier quiet and dim while you sleep, and an auto shut-off setting in case the gadget is knocked over.
- The Dyson Link app allows you to receive air quality data, manage and monitor the purifier remotely, and schedule cleaning for seven days.
- Produce a very high pitch noise
- Lack of compatibility with current Android OS
Final Thoughts – Best 3 Smart Air Purifier you Need to be Aware of
The above-mentioned are some of the best smart air purifiers in the market today. These smart purifiers can take control of your air quality with intelligent machines that banish allergens, odors, pet dander, and other tiny pollutants.
There are numerous reasons to be concerned about the quality of the air you breathe, including allergies, COVID-19, and wildfires. It’s no surprise that demand for air purifiers is increasing as these challenges become more visible than ever.
If we have missed any of your favorite smart air purifiers or if you are interested to know about other smart air purifiers, let us know in the comment section!
Frequently Asked Questions
Should air purifiers run 24/7?
Yes, you can leave your air purifier running all day. However, you should clean the filters once a month at the very least. If the filters aren’t cleaned regularly, they can retain a lot of dust and allergens, which can be dangerous to sensitive people.
How well do air purifiers work for a smoke?
While many people are aware that air purifiers can help with allergens like mold and pollen, the good news is that they can also assist in the removal of smoking from the air. An air purifier can not only help to remove smoke odors, but it can also collect many hazardous chemical components.
Where should air purifiers be placed?
An air purifier should be placed someplace in your breathing zone. Clean air has to travel a shorter distance to reach you the closer the unit is to your head. This usually translates to placing the air purifier on a nightstand or small table near the bed in the bedroom.
Can smart air purifiers help with covid?
Air purifiers, when used appropriately, can help minimize airborne pollutants such as viruses in a house or confined environment. A portable air cleaner, on the other hand, is insufficient to protect humans from COVID-19.