For people who love to explore, there are always new places to go and new people to meet. The adventure never ends! But you always have to come home, and when you do, you’d like a record to help you remember the trip.
GoPro cameras have become an essential accessory for those who enjoy the thrill and excitement of unfamiliar lands and the great outdoors. You will surely be delighted and excited to read this list.
Must Read: Android Smart Watch: The Ultimate Guide
Everything that you need when shooting pictures or videos with your GoPro is right here with CamControl.
CamControl is an Android Wear App that defines the standard for ease in controlling your GoPro camera.
Just connect your GoPro camera and shake your smartwatch to take pictures. It’s that easy! It is an app that transforms your smartwatch to more than just a remote for your GoPro camera, but it also allows you to manage settings, see the information about recording time, pictures available, etc.
- It supports all GoPro Wifi cameras.
- Allows you to change modes between video and picture.
- Remotely turn on and off your camera using your Android Wear device.
- Uses motions and gestures to take pictures or record videos.
- It is compatible with any Android Wear smartwatches that supports WIFI.
- Lets you control your GoPro camera without your phone.
- It doesn’t have a live feed feature.
- The user interface design is too basic.
Create magnificent time-lapse videos using your GoPro. The TimeLabs app offers templates which you can use that adjusts your GoPro camera’s settings for various scenes like, night-lapse, burst-shots, continuous shots and more.
All you do is to choose an effect from the extensive library, and the app will do the rest for you. It is that simple. Control your camera wirelessly using your Android smartwatch.
- Change camera settings.
- You can preprogram video duration to stop recording automatically.
- It offers a fast and reliable live preview streaming.
- It has over nine ready-made shooting parameters for various time-lapse effects.
- It is free to download, with a few in-app purchases.
- Easy to use, even for beginners.
- There haven’t been any recent updates for the app.
- You have to pay to use other effects.
3. GoPro Remote for SmartWatch 2
This is the best GoPro remote app, especially for Sony SmartWatch 2 users. It as a clear, simple and easy to use interface that lets you take pictures, record videos, and cycle between camera modes.
You can see some details about your camera through your smartwatch like video duration, intervals, and more. Just follow three quick and easy steps to setup and get started.
- The perfect combination for shooting pictures by the pool using your water-resistant smartwatch by Sony and GoPro with a waterproof case.
- It works even without using your smartphone.
- User-friendly interface design.
- Currently does not support GoPro Hero 4.
- They have yet to confirm if it works for other models aside from Hero 2 with Wifi, Hero3 Silver, and White Editions.
- No live camera streaming.
4. Control for GoPro Hero3 Wear
This app is a remote control that works best for your GoPro Hero 3 camera. Just connect your smartwatch to your camera, to get access to numerous commands. Such as changing resolutions, camera settings, turn off the camera or check the battery status.
Using WIFI connection, you can use your camera to take burst shots or adjust settings for photography like exposure, white balance and more.
- Change all camera settings on the go using your Android Wear.
- Enables you to preview images stored on your GoPro camera.
- Packed full of features, controls, and
- See your camera’s battery status on your smartwatch.
- Limited range of device or hardware compatibility.
- You need to use the app on your smartphone to establish a connection between your GoPro camera and Android Wear device.
- Smartwatch and camera may not sync 100% of the time.
- There is no viewfinder feature.
5. Control for Hero4 Session Wear
Get the most out of your very own Hero4 Session using this smartwatch app by Go Tic Apps Solutions S.L. Use your smartwatch to switch camera modes from video, photo, intervals or bursts.
Change or modify your camera’s settings in quick and easy to use interface. You can do more with your GoPro Hero4 Session if you have this app installed on your Android Wear.
- Turn your camera’s power on or off using your Android Wear device.
- Change resolutions for taking pictures or recording
- Modify parameters for fps, ProTune and Spotmeter.
- Configure the camera’s beep sound, Auto Power, LED and more.
- Enables you to preview all pictures taken, right on your smartwatch.
- You need your smartphone for initial setup and connection.
- Installation and connection setup may be a bit confusing, but there are instructions provided on a video at Play Store.
6. Remote Control for GoPro Hero
Use this app to set your smartwatch as a remote control for your GoPro camera. Shoot pictures and capture videos by tapping on the controls right at your Android Wear’s face. It supports a wide range of GoPro camera models that support WIFI.
Access and modify your camera’s settings, power, and information without looking at your phone or camera’s screen.
- Compatible with GoPro cameras Hero 2 with WIFI backpack, 3, 3+ and 4.
- Enables you to turn your camera on or off remotely.
- It shows how many video time and pictures are remaining on the camera.
- Switch camera modes to video, picture, multi-shot, burst-shot and more.
- See your camera’s battery state in real-time.
- It uses your smartphone, instead of directly establishing a connection between your smartwatch and camera.
- It does not have a feature that allows you to change the camera’s settings through your smartwatch.
How do you connect GoPro camera to your smartwatch?
In some cases, the app allows you to directly connect to your camera’s WIFI network using its WIFI name and password. Other apps use your smartphone to relay the command.
Can I control more than one camera in one app?
Yes, you can. Although, you can only access and control one device at a time.
Can I control my camera with multiple devices?
LoThe GoPro camera only supports one device or controller per session.
How far is GoPro camera’s signal range?
Depending on the environment and wireless congestion in the area, you should have full control of your camera for up to fifty feet.