When elders used to tell us that time is gold, we always made a “yeah right” face but and it turns out they were right. With our list of best productivity apps for Android, it will not only help you in saving precious time but in the long run, money too.
Back in our leisure days, we played all day without worrying about a single thing. Today, we have to work hard and efficiently squeeze an ample amount of time to play some video games.
Fortunately, every app we listed in our productivity apps for Android will surely help anyone in daily digital tasks and save them time for other things.
10 Best Productivity Apps for Android
With these productivity apps, rest assured that you can get more things done. So without further ado, let’s jump right into it.
The app’s name may seem like counter-productive but that’s the beauty of it. Slack is actually made for slackers who just want a place to communicate effectively and immediately.
Out with the traditional “official” emails and in with Slack. Our development team, testing team, and writing team are all there and it is far easier to communicate with them.
All the files and code can be shared instantly thanks to the robust cloud integration. The only hitch is the long yet necessary signing up procedure, it is cumbersome.
- A seamless and painless interface.
- Support for multiple teams.
- Instant syncing across all devices.
The app comes with great archiving and a stellar search feature. Usually, with group chats, it is hard to keep track of the conversation, but with the great search, you will never be left out of the loop.
Ultimately, if you find slack interesting and wish to learn more about it and its features, then we recommend checking out Getting Started with Slack guide available on Amazon.com
Getting Started with Slack: A Quick Start Guide for Everyone Kindle Edition
With this book, you will:
- QUICKLY LEARN THE BASICS that will get you up and running.
- Master the most POWERFUL FEATURES that will help simplify your workday.
- Improve your personal workflow and IMPROVE TEAM COMMUNICATION.
- Learn advanced features to quickly and easily became a Slack POWER USER.
Spike: Email, Messenger, Chat & Team Collaboration
Another app that also aims to replace the traditional email sort of communication is Spike. Basically, the app is considerably the world’s first conversational email app available for Android.
Spike (formerly Hop) email for Android is designed and developed with productivity & creativity in mind. It is an entirely new way to communicate with your co-worker, team, and friends. Combining the best of both worlds of email and instant messenger apps.
Spike email messenger is designed for anyone tired of dealing with traditional email. We’ve ditched the endless email threads and useless headers, integrated read receipts, simplified your inbox for easier navigation and added powerful file management and a calendar to boot.
- Real-Time Messaging
- All Files in One Place
- Organize all your calendars from multiple email accounts
The app combines the best of both worlds for email and messaging. It’s an app that doesn’t have the unnecessary and boring parts of traditional email. Furthermore, it has added features that that adds fun while promoting productivity.
Buffer: Social Media Manager
The best social media manager in this list for best productivity apps for Android is Buffer, a true performer. If you manage multiple social network pages and need to feed constant updates, this is the must-have app for you.
Buffer makes it easier to post on social networks including fan favorites like Twitter.
Schedule great posts and leave for your vacation without the need to worry about updates. The app will handle the posts and do the work for you.
- Easy to upload custom content.
- Can manage multiple accounts easily.
- Large queues of content supported.
The app comes with simple analytics to keep your post-reach in check. It is a handy feature for marketers among us.
IFTTT (if this, then that)
IFTTT is the easiest and at the same time powerful app in the best productivity apps for Android list. The name stands for If This Then That and this is exactly what the app does.
For example, if you want to automatically change your profile picture on Facebook when you change it on Twitter, this app can help you do that. That’s right, no more changing apps and uploading again, jumping through loopholes. This is only the fraction of what this app is capable of.
- An amazingly friendly interface.
- A surprising amount of apps supported.
- Cuts work in almost a clean half.
There are hundreds of app combo-recipes available in the app but you can create your own personalized one if you want. After that, you can just as easily share it with fellow IFTTT users from within the app.
This app takes everything you know about notes and takes it to the next level. The ease of use, the interface, the social connectivity all are top-notch. This app alone has helped us in planning company parties, staff birthday celebrations, and more!
- Take notes in an instant.
- Add photos and doodles to your notes.
- Send notes in a convenient email.
Create a shared notebook which can be edited by other members and you have a nice workplace. This way you can manage a lot of things and always stay up-to-date with the overall progress.
Contacts+ is the most comprehensive and effect contact app available on the Play Store. Although it comes with some In-app purchases, it is remarkably well crafted and robust in features.
We have been using this app since it featured in the top Emoji app list and it has been a real performer. The app takes over your contacts, SMS and even dialer and makes them much better.
The only issue we have with this app is its slight lag when switching to SMS.
- Transfer is seamless and easy.
- Contacts look great on the app.
- Dialer is very responsive.
Auto-syncing contacts from Facebook and Google and you have a very populated contact list. Thankfully unlike other apps in the business, Contact + actively searches for duplicated contacts and offer to merge them.
A warrior is as good as his weapon and a typist is as good as his keyboard. Same goes for Android and its touch screen keyboards. SwiftKey aims to reduce thumb cramps all the while giving you access to a faster and effective typing style.
The keyboard is the most crucial app in the 10 best productivity apps list because it can be used in combination of almost all the apps. The interface, the themes, the key sizes all can be modified to make your own.
- Comes with an assortment of different themes.
- The un-docking feature is amazing.
- Comes with one-handed typing for phablets.
The app comes with a slightly new feature called swipe typing. Although it was done first by another app, it is still a welcome feature in SwiftKey.
Basically you just swipe your fingers on letter and the app automatically forms words. You have to try it to experience the full potential.
Google Drive – Free with Optional Subscriptions
Google Drive is not just cloud storage; it also doubles as a portable word processor and table maker. The app sneaked its way into our cloud storage apps list thanks to its ability to keep your digital goodies safe. But here it made the list due to its stellar word processing.
With Google Drive, it makes it possible to write on our phone by combining the capabilities of Google Drive, an On the Go cable, and a small portable keyboard. This is the very definition of productivity.
- Always connected to the cloud.
- Uploads are fast even on slow internet.
- The file manager is awesome.
The ability to export your stored files in MS Word format or Excel format is a huge plus for students and businessmen/women alike. With this great app, there are no limitations on your portability.
Pocket: Save. Read. Grow.
One of the best apps out there if you wish to save what you are reading online. The Pocket app is a great app that allows you to save articles in its entirety to your device.
After that, you can read them at your leisure with or without internet. It’s a great way to save battery power for longer battery life and still, enjoy reading quality content.
- A solid interface which is a treat to use.
- A built-in web browser to further access the archived site.
- Can sync across multiple devices.
While using any browser or any other app simple find the share button and select pocket. And that’s it; the page will be saved for later viewing. It doesn’t get any simpler than this.
JotForm Mobile Forms
JotForm Mobile Forms is one of the most effective productivity tools out there. You can keep collecting data even when you are away from your computer, that’ll give you back the precious hours that you lose while traveling back and forth to your office.
With this neat app, you can collect data wherever you are even when you are offline. JotForm helps you to stop using paper forms and with this app, you can collect and store your data with the comfort of your mobile device.
For instance, a residential roofing company collects safety reports from their workers even when internet access is limited. You can learn more about how many other businesses use JotForm Mobile Forms from their blog post.
- Offline data collection and sync.
- Best in class features like kiosk mode, advanced form fields, collaboration with your team members and many more.
- No coding skills required, drag-and-drop form builder.
The users can collect data even when they don’t have an active internet connection, they can fill out the necessary forms and review submissions offline, the app automatically syncs the data once there is an internet connection. This particularly helps the businesses that work on the go and in rural areas.
Related Question Most People Ask About
- What does productivity app do?
- Productivity apps are basically apps that pushes, encourages, and promotes creativity and personal productivity. It’s great for personal or career use. If you’re having trouble getting motivated at work, then you might want to consider installing productivity apps.
- What’s the best productivity app for Android?
- The best productivity app for Android are those apps that you find encouraging, promotes efficiency, and creativity. The same app may not work for some so the best productivity app depends on individual preference. For us, the best productivity app that really works for us and still currently used by us is Slack.
- What is meant by productivity app?
- Productivity app meant to promote and push individual or team productivity. It aims to enhance self-efficiency whether if it is for work or at home.
Conclusion – Pushing Productivity & Creativity To New Heights
Ultimately, the 10 best productivity apps for Android in this list certainly will help you better manage your time and resources. If you have found or made a productivity app and want us to check it out, share it in the comments below and we will oblige.
Have questions, comments, or suggestions? Let us know in the comment section below!