If you want to get a new flagship phone but don’t want to spend thousands of dollars, your best option is to get a refurbished phone. Money-wise, it’s more practical. With the best refurbished phones, you’ll enjoy the great features of the phone without spending as much as you would for a new one. Enjoy the features of a “new” phone by only paying a fraction of the original price.
So what is a refurbished phone? It is technically a renewed smartphone. For example, a certain unit is defective, so its manufacturer takes it back to fix and renew it. After which it is again sold to the market but this time for a much lower price. Depending on the condition of the device, the price would vary. But if you’re really into brand new phones, you can still get these best value Android smartphones that do more but cost less.
Best Refurbished Phones: What to Look For
Refurbished is also used synonymously with pre-owned, reconditioned or recertified. Whichever it is, what’s important is that you know what factors to look into before buying one. Here are some of the important things to check:
- Only purchase one from a reliable and reputable store or website. If you are interested in getting a refurbished phone, check out these places where you can buy refurbished phones.
- Check if there’s a warranty. If there’s one, the better.
- Find out how old the device is, especially if it’s pre-owned.
- Go over the fine print of the sale.
- Check and compare the price with other refurbished phone of the same model as well as with the original price.
Using these guidelines, you can check out which among these best refurbished phones to buy.
Related: Best Refurbished Android Watches
5 Best Refurbished Phones in 2019
Flagships and high-end smartphones are great. But not all can afford them. And even if you have enough money, chances are you still won’t buy them especially if they’re not your priority. In this time and age, taking into consideration the economic conditions, it’s wiser to be practical.
So if you want to own a high-end smartphone without feeling guilty about spending much of your hard-earned money, your best shot is to get a refurbished one. Just make sure that you’ll get a good deal: one that sports great condition and specs at a reasonable cost.
To help you get a great deal, we have listed 5 of the best refurbished phones you can buy in the market today. Check them out below.
Samsung Galaxy S9 (Renewed) – Starting at $298.88
Save as much as almost $300 by getting this renewed Samsung Galaxy 9. Since it’s from Amazon Renewed, this refurbished phone has undergone rigorous inspection and testing by Amazon-qualified and trusted suppliers.
For a cheaper price, you get to enjoy the specs of a Galaxy 9 smartphone. Entertain yourself with its immersive edge-to-edge display and take superb photos and videos using its super speed dual-pixel camera and dual rear camera. It comes with an internal memory of 64GB, which can be expanded up to 400GB.
This phone is unlocked and is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, and other GSM providers. However, it is not compatible with Sprint, Verizon, and other CDMA providers.
- Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display
- 12MP dual rear camera, 8MP super speed front camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core
- Dolby Atmos surround sound
- 64 GB internal storage
- Memory expandable up to 400 GB
- IP68 rating
You can upgrade the look of this refurbished phone by using these Samsung Galaxy 9 cases.
LG G7 ThinQ (Renewed) – Starting at $182.50
If you want to own the LG G7 ThinQ smartphone but you’re short on budget, you can get this refurbished version instead. Save as much as $60. It may not be that much, but if it’s already a practical move, considering that this renewed device costs below $200.
It comes in Platinum Grey design. A great camera phone, the G7 ThinQ is packed with white pixels for extra brightness and better picture quality. It uses a creative eye, AI CAM, which allows you to easily frame your subjects and get that perfect shot.
However, this model is not unlocked, as it only works on T-Mobile.
- 6.1-inch QHD+ FullVision display
- 16 MP/16 MP wide-angle cameras
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 3,000 mAh battery
OnePlus 6T (Renewed) – Starting at $287.00
A brand-new OnePlus 6T will cost you around $450. That’s quite expensive already for budget-minded buyers. But considering the high-end features of this device, the price is not so surprising. Still, however attractive, if you’re on a tight budget, you still won’t be able to get a new one.
Luckily, there’s a refurbished OnePlus 6T that’s available on Amazon Renewed. It’s way cheaper than getting a brand-new one. At such a price, you get to enjoy the high specs and quality of this powerful phone.
This comes in an attractive Mirror Black version. It’s also already unlocked for GSM.
- 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED touchscreen
- 86% screen-to-body ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- 1080 x 2340 pixels
- 8GB RAM, 128 GB Storage
The OnePlus 6 and 6T phones are slated to get an Android 10 soon.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Renewed) – Starting at $388.00
Get this high-end Galaxy Note 9 by Samsung. It boasts a large battery with 4000 mAh, which makes it lasts longer on a single charge. It has a large Infinity display and large storage of 128GB for photos, videos, apps, and more. It features great specs, among which are its wide-angle and telephoto lens.
Since it has great features, this smartphone comes at a higher cost. But you can cut on the price and save a bit by getting this refurbished version from Amazon Renewed. It has been tested and inspected by qualified and trusted suppliers, ensuring that it’s in great condition even though it’s not “new.”
- 6.40-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED (Infinity Display)’
- Dual Aperture lens (telephoto and wide-angle lens)
- Dual 12MP camera
- F2.4 and F1.5 aperture mode
- 4000 mAh battery
- S Pen stylus
This is a 4G LTE phone that comes unlocked. And it looks stunning in this Midnight Black version. Add more life to your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and make it look as great as new with these Galaxy Note 9 phone cases.
Google Pixel 3 (Renewed) – Starting at $357.00
Google Pixel 3 is a smart and intuitive flagship phone. And one thing that flagship phones have in common is the price. They’re way more expensive than mid-range models. But that’s understandable, considering the better specs and great features that they offer.
If you want to own this but you’re short of money, the practical way to do it is to get a refurbished phone that’s still in great condition. Luckily, we happen to find one at Amazon Renewed. This has been thoroughly inspected, tested and checked by qualified suppliers, so you’re in good hands.
- 5.5-inch P-OLED capacitive screen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- IP68 dust and water-resistant
- 64GB internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
If ever you get this refurbished Google Pixel 3, these camera tricks may be helpful for you to take perfect shots and superb images.
Questions People Ask
Can refurbished phones be trusted?
- Yes, refurbished phones can be trusted as long as you purchase them from a trustworthy manufacturer or store. What’s important is that you check the phone’s condition, read reviews about the seller or manufacturer, and if possible, ask about how old is the phone, especially if it’s pre-owned.
Which are the best places to buy a refurbished phone?
- When it comes to buying refurbished phones, it’s very important that you only buy them from trusted sites and stores. Some of the best places to buy such phones are the following: Amazon, Cellular Country, Overstock, Best Buy, Walmart, eBay, and Newegg.
What does a refurbished phone mean?
- Technically, a refurbished phone refers to a phone that’s been taken back by the manufacturer because it’s defective or otherwise, and then resold again to the market after having been fixed and renewed. However, refurbished is also used to refer to phones that are pre-owned, reconditioned, or recertified.
Go Beyond Just Cheap
The best refurbished phones are not always the cheapest. Price is just one factor. Sometimes, if the price is to low compared to the price of the new phone, it’s too good to be true. It’s important that you manage your expectations when getting a phone that’s too cheap. That is why you should also consider other factors before buying a refurbished smartphone. Hopefully, you’ve found a phone of your liking here.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know by leaving us your comments and suggestions below.