Smartwatches had come a long way since its invention in 1998. These days, we have various brands to choose from, but probably one of the best — if not the best — of them is from Samsung. If you didn’t think so, you wouldn’t be here, reading this, right?
5 of the Best Samsung Smartwatches and Smart Fitness
With all the Samsung smartwatch models out there, it’s so hard to choose which of them you should get. So, to help you with that, we listed the top five best smartwatches and smart fitness from Samsung.
Gear Fit2 Pro – $149.99
First on this list is the Gear Fit2 Pro, which is probably the cheapest smartwatch that you can get from one of the biggest brands in the world.
If you’re looking for a great workout buddy, then you’d love this one. The Gear Fit2 Pro smart fitness band is compatible with fitness apps like Under Armour Record, MyRun, MyFitnessPal, and many more.
- Water resistant (up to 50 meters*), perfect for swimming
- GPS powered for tracking runs
- Connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth for easy-access notifications, calls, and more
- Compatible with Spotify offline for music on-the-go
- Steps, calorie, elevation, stroke and lap, and multi-sport trackers for optimal progress monitoring
- Battery life can last up to 3 days
Samsung Gear Sport – $189.99
The Samsung Gear Sport is not only great for working out, but it’s also the best swimming companion that you’ll ever get.
It boasts a water resistance of up to 50 meters, with a battery life that can last for up to four days. On top of that, it can play Spotify offline while you’re working out, so you can listen to music while losing all those calories.
- Water Resistant for up to 50 meters
- GPS/Glonass for keeping track of your runs
- Connects with Spotify Music
- Tracks calorie intake to monitor your diet
- Can change to thousands of watch faces for various styles
- Offers tips to keep your fitness on track
Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm – $250
A powerful smartwatch with a built-in health tracking feature inside a seemingly normal watch. Its design and appearance make it great for various occasions like working out, going to formals, or even for casual dates.
The 42mm Samsung Galaxy Watch is perfect for those who don’t want a striking watch, especially when working out.
Speaking of working out, this smartwatch recognizes 39+ different exercises, so you can swim, run, or go to the gym, and get a more accurate overview of your progress.
- Wake-up gesture for easy access
- Rotating bezel for navigating through apps and icons
- Powerful three-day battery life for longer use
- Waterproof to 50 meters, great for swimming or just taking a shower
- Circular design, making it look like an actual watch
- Compatible with the charging dock for faster charge time
- Built-in sleep tracker for an overview of your quality of sleep
Gear S3 Frontier and S3 Classic – $349.98
That’s right. We have a tie. Well… sort of.
The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and Classic are pretty much the same smartwatch in terms of specs and features. However, they differ a lot in appearance, so whichever you choose is what goes.
Also, since they have the same specs and features, the table and bullets you will find below will be for both smartwatches.
Anyway, let’s start with the Gear S3 Frontier.
The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier features a casual, sporty look, which is perfect for your day-to-day clothes and activities. It pairs its sports appearance with a heart rate monitor, step counter, and built-in S Health app, making it a decent sports smartwatch.
The Samsung Gear S3 Classic boasts a classic appearance for the dapper man. Its default leather strap makes it the perfect accessory for any formal or semi-casual event. The elegant facade of the Gear S3 Classic can also be paired with classic watch faces.
- Rotating bezel for smooth access across apps and notifications
- Send texts and make calls without using a phone (for 4G LTE version)
- Built-in GPS for sharing your location or for tracking activity
- Water-resistant to prevent damage from liquid-related accidents
- Battery life that can last for up to four days
- Samsung Pay feature for easy payment wherever there is a credit card reader
- Fitness tracking options, including steps, counter, and heart rate monitor
- Crystal clear display, visible even under sunlight
Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm – $349.99
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm is the larger version of the 42mm. Therefore, most of the specs and features between the two are quite similar, except for the more powerful battery life of the 46mm.
Additionally, the Galaxy Watch 46mm is specifically made to fit those with larger arms and wrists.
- Wake-up gesture for longer battery life and easy access
- Rotating bezel for easy navigation through apps and notifications
- Battery life can last for up to four days
- Waterproof for up to 50 meters, making it a decent swimming companion
- Circular design for a “normal” watch appearance
- Wireless charging capability for faster charge time
So that ends our list! However, in case you’re still thinking about it, let us help you decide whether or not you should get a helpful device resting on your wrist.
Why Should You Buy a Smartwatch?
At first, smartwatches may seem like a terrible gadget to buy. We wouldn’t blame you if you thought so, too, because probably everyone’s reaction when the first one came out was, “why though?”
However, considering the time and lifestyle that we live in today, smartwatches don’t seem like a bad idea. Here are some of the reasons why:
- You have easier access to phone notifications
- You can monitor your health
- Your phone’s battery will last longer
- You can make calls and read emails
- You have instant navigation on your wrist
Of course, there’s more to smartwatches than those that we mentioned. Although, if you’re here because you’ve already gotten your mind around it and you’re sure you’re getting one, let’s get on with the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Samsung smartwatches support non-Samsung phones?
Yes, Samsung smartwatches support almost all smartphones. If you’re using an iPhone and you want to use a Samsung smartwatch, here’s a good read for you: How to Use Samsung Gear S3 with iPhone / iOS
Are Samsung smartwatches suitable for swimming or showering?
Most of the Samsung smartwatches are water resistant, so if the feature is available, then the device will be perfectly safe for showering. However, I would recommend that you only use the sports-specific watches and the Samsung Galaxy Watch for long periods of swimming.
Can I put a sim in my Samsung smartwatch and make calls?
The 4G LTE capable Samsung smartwatches have embedded and non-removable sim cards. If you want to know the number, go to Settings > Gear Info > About Device >ICCID.
Samsung Smartwatches: Luxury or Necessity?
Even after all the features and capabilities of Samsung smartwatches, they still seem like a luxury to someone who doesn’t like a lot of gadgets on them. Although, we would still recommend all of Samsung’s smartwatches to anybody who is thinking about getting one.
That being said, if you think that having a smartwatch can help improve the quality of your day-to-day life, then by all means, grab any of the ones we’ve mentioned on this list. They are — we dare say — the best, after all.
Did this guide help you decide on which Samsung smartwatch you will be getting? Let us know in the comments below!