Long ago, light bulbs were invented to illuminate homes, buildings, and streets. These traditional light bulbs were operated by switches.
Today, technology has transformed the multitude aspects of life that changed our perception of the world. Everything has become available and within reach. Through the years, the innovators successfully invented smart bulbs.
Are you familiar with smart light bulbs? These are light bulbs that are uniquely different from the traditional light bulbs. It is a successful innovation of home automation and Internet-capable products. Yes, it needs the internet. Although the internet has been making things easily accessible. But, who can imagine that light bulbs can now be remotely controlled using the internet?
4 Best Smart Light Bulbs that Works with Android
1. Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19
Philips Hue is considered to be the original smart light bulb, it surfaced as one of the first smart bulbs in the market. This Philips model proves why their product is the smartest and major player in the world of light bulbs.
When you install this lighting system, you can download the Hue Hub to control it. You can control the features of this light bulb through your voice. You just have to pair it with Google Assistant.
Moreover, Philips is continuing in upgrading and redesigning its lights system.
2. Sengled Element Touch
A ZigBee compatible smart light bulb that emits cool to neutral light. You will truly appreciate its automatic color tuning system when you are sensitive with light brightness. Moreover, it is compatible with Samsung SmartThings.
3. LIFX (A19)
LIFX (A19) is now branded as the smartest light bulb available in the market. Although it still has a color tunable lights, it is given with an additional feature—an infrared nightlight. This smart light bulb does not require a hub; it can be connected manually with its app through Wi-Fi. It can also be connected with a Google Assistant.
4. TP-Link Kasa A19
What makes this product interesting is, it has a circadian mode that uses your geographical location to synchronize the brightness and light color with the daylight. It emits brighter and colder light during the morning and full warm light during the night.
This smart light bulb connects directly via Wi-Fi and certified to work with Google Assistant. Moreover, it has a Kasa application that is compatible with Android. The app enables you to control the light bulb with your device. You can even schedule the smart light bulb to automatically light or turn off when you are not in the house.
How to Choose the Right Smart Light Bulb?
We all know that it is hard to look for the right thing. However, if you want to choose the right smart bulb for your home that’s a smart decision!
The right light bulb depends on its brand and set-up you wanted. The following is a quick tip on which smart light bulb you should take:
- It has a higher than usual initial cost
- The bulb has a longer life expectancy than the traditional bulbs
- It is a very versatile light bulb
Also, you have to consider the type of system control of the smart lighting system. If you plan to choose Bluetooth, you can only control the lighting at home. Meanwhile, if you are considering Wi-Fi you have to consider the number of devices connected. Multiple numbers of devices can take up the bandwidth making the connection difficult.
Features of the Smart Light Bulbs:
- Light Emitting Diodes (LED): smart light bulbs utilize LED to display a creative wide array of colors. It enables the smart light bulb to emit multicolor effects.
- Communication Module: it has an installed communication module to enable communication between the bulb and device. It can switch the light bulb on and off through a device.
- Heat sinks: most smart light bulbs are made with aluminum or ceramic materials, this contributes to the lifespan of a smart light bulb.
- Smart Light Bulbs with Speaker: There are smart light bulbs that are configured to connect with music systems. Alongside the music, the light bulb has patterns of lights that synchronize with the tune.
- Smart Light Bulbs with Camera: Some smart light bulbs are also configured to interface with an alarm system. It can record movements around the house.
With the mentioned features, we believe that the following items are compatible with the smart light bulbs powered by Android:
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19
- Sengled Element Touch
- LIFX (A19)
- TP-Link Kasa A19
Choose the best smart light bulb that suits your taste and convenience. We all want our homes to be lovely, who wouldn’t? These best smart light bulbs will surely bring color and brightness to your home along with its additional features that provide security. Now, which smart light bulb would be best to install for your lovely home?