Has anyone ever asked for your height in centimeters but then you only know it in feet and inches? Or how about when someone asks for your weight in pounds but you only know it in kilograms? This is when the best unit converter app for Android will come in handy.
Being in a tight spot where you need to convert something can be annoying. Whether you’re a student or a professional, you may forget to memorize all these conversions by heart. And that’s okay!
Let’s dive deeper into the apps that can help us in these tight spots.
4 Best Unit Converter App for Android – A Detailed Review
It’s important to know what these apps can offer you and the features they have so you can choose the right one for you. Some of them have colorful user interfaces and some of them are plain and simple. The best unit converter app for android will always be the one that fits your needs and preferences.
1. All-In-One Unit Converter
This application is perfect if you’re an engineer, an architect, or a professional who deals with a lot of computations and conversions. All-in-one Unit Converter has more than 2,000+ units of measurements. This is because it has a wide variety of converters. The ones that are available to this app are the following:
- General Unit Converter
As for the General Unit Converter, it also has a very wide selection of conversion factors. Some of them are acceleration, distance, frequency, mass/weight calculator, volume units, and many more.
And if you’re looking for conversions in terms of currency, the app also has a built-in real-time Currency Converter. This converter has the latest exchange rates in the market so you’re assured that you get accurate conversions.
You can also use this converter in offline mode but you may not get accurate conversions. This is because you’ll need the internet to update the exchange rates.
If by any chance the conversions or units that you need are not included in the app, the developers are open to helping you. You can just send them an email of what you need and they’ll look into what they can do to add it.
2. Unit Converter
This app is a part of a set called the Smart Tools® collection. Just like the other apps in the collection, Unit Converter has an intuitive and user-friendly user interface. This makes the app simple and easy to use.
The app has 4 major categories for conversions.
- Basic – the units under this category are the common ones that are converted. There’s length (distance), area, weight (mass), and volume.
- Living – these are the more practical unit conversions that we encounter in our everyday lives. There’s currency (exchange rate), temperature, time (time zones), speed. It even has conversions for specific units like shoes, clothing, hat, and ring sizes in different places.
- Science – students and professionals in related industries use the units under this category. There’s pressure, force, work (energy), power, torque, flow, current, voltage, density, viscosity, and concentration.
- Misc – the units under this category are the more uncommon ones. Be that as it may, you may need them when in a pinch so it’s good to be ready. There’s angle, data, fuel efficiency, cooking, illuminance, radiation, prefix, binary, time zone, blood sugar, hardness, and even AWG.
The developers are also open to helping add the units you need in case they’re not in the selection yet. All you have to do is to send them an email of what you need and they’ll take care of it.
3. Unit Converter: Smart Tools, Currency Converter
Unit Converter is a fun application to use for all your conversion needs. It has a user-friendly interface with colorful and easy-to-understand icons.
This application has 4 main tabs. These are:
- Units – this tab has 72 categories all in all. They range from common units to units used in engineering, all the way to medical units. There’s a wide selection of conversions available in this tab. It makes up most of the conversions in the app.
- Tools – this tab has 34 categories under it. As the name suggests, it contains multiple tools that can be used to measure and/or convert units. For example, it has a category dedicated to Cooking. When you press this tool, it gives you a table where you can see how to measure “dash” of ingredients. It is also under this tab where you can see your Notes. You can store your quick and small notes for any of your conversions in this category.
- Finance – this tab has a total of 20 categories under it. The conversions under this tab have something to do with, as the name suggests, money. Some of the categories included are compound interest, return on investment, stock return calculator, service task, tip calculator, and many more.
- Maths – this tab has 20 categories all in all. It’s a great tab for students because they’ll get to check if their answers are correct. Different categories include ratio, proportions, decimal to fraction, linear equation, quadratic equation, and many more.
When it comes to the customization of the app itself, Unit Converter is also pretty flexible. For example, you can choose the calculator available in the app. You can choose between a basic calculator or a scientific calculator.
For user experience, you can choose between light mode and dark mode. This becomes very helpful when you’re studying at night and need to have a darker interface to make it easier on your eyes.
4. All-In-One Calculator
All-In-One Calculator is an app that can help you simplify your needs for conversion. It has a very simple user interface so you won’t get lost while using the app. Best of all, the app is free to use so anyone can access it at any time.
This is a great app for students because first of all, as previously mentioned, it’s free. Second, it will be able to help students do their homework better. When they’re having a hard time solving an equation, the app can show them the right answer and the solution.
But then, it should be used with the supervision of an adult to make sure that the students don’t just copy the answer. It’s important to understand the solution after all.
The app has 75 calculators and converters. They are segregated into 6 major categories. These are:
- Algebra – the calculators available under this category include percentage calculator, proportion calculator, ratio calculator, and many others.
- Geometry – the 2 calculators under this category are the shape calculator and the body calculator. The shape calculator is used for computing the area of polygons. As for the body calculator, it’s for computing the total area, lateral area, or the volume of the body.
- Unit Converters – these are the usual converters that we’re familiar with. Under this category, there are converters for acceleration, angle, length, force, volume, weight, temperature, and many more.
- Finance – the calculators under this category have something to do with, as the name implies, money and finances. These include units like prices, sales taxes, tips, and loan calculators. It also has a currency converter with 160 currencies. It’s nice to know that this converter is available even if you’re offline.
- Health – the calculators under this include body mass index, daily calories, and of course, body fat percentage. These can be highly beneficial for individuals who are concerned about their health and caloric intake.
- Miscellaneous – the calculators under this category include age, date, time, mileage, and Ohm’s law calculator. These are things that we don’t usually need but it’s super convenient if we have it in times that we do need it.
The best unit converter app for Android must offer a wide variety of conversions. For them to stand out, they must also offer more functionalities aside from being just a converter. They must be able to help the user beyond just the conversion of units.
This is why the apps featured in this article can offer that much. They offer so many conversions for so many situations. They also offer a lot of functionalities that can help the user’s life become easier.
Each of these apps offers something different to the users aside from the basic conversions. Some of them offer a dark mode user interface while others offer a wide variety of conversion options. At the end of the day, what works for you will be the best app.