Currently, there are many different types of formats for different types of files. Each format is compatible with different software as well. Yes, each software can read on multiple format files but that is not always the case.
However, there is more popular format file that is always almost compatible with all media player software like the MP4.
The more popular MP4 format file, which basically runs in most common media players like VLC, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, and many others. And more importantly, it plays in computers, laptops, mobile devices, tablets and many more.
But unlike the MP4 though there are files that are harder to get played on media players like the WebM file. Also, not that many media player software support the .WebM file extension.
The MP4 just makes it the perfect format for movies so you can watch it anytime and anywhere.
If you are one who often watches a movie either on your phone or laptop like me, you will need to have good software that can be compatible with many format files, right? Just fire a movie up with no hassle, then you are good to go. On my journey to finding a software or media player for all types of format files especially the WebM file, I learned that there is no such thing. Unfortunately, a software or media player can only support a few formats and that’s it.
But, I rather came across a few WebM to MP4 video converters that can pretty much convert all types of files into your desired format.
What does a video converter do?
If a movie’s format file, especially a WebM file, is not compatible with your media player, a software video converter can fix that for you. It can convert a file format to your desired one in a short amount of time. So, the next time your files don’t open, video converter would do the job for you.
There are tons of available video converters right now. I have listed down video converter software as well as online video converter as they each have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Hopefully it helps you in choosing the right one for your WebM to MP4 conversion needs.
Video Converter Softwares
- Lightning speed conversion without having to rely on your internet connection
- Supports batch conversion in any number and any size
- No quality loss in converted files
- Converted files are stored in your device right away so it’s more secure
- Some softwares are not always for free after consuming certain memory size
- Downloading these softwares sometimes takes long hours
Online Video Converter
- There is no downloading of software required which is more convenient
- User-friendly interface and converting files usually just takes three easy steps
- Speed of conversion will depend on internet speed
- Since it is free it has a limited available memory for storage of converted files
- Less secure because converted files wouldn’t be stored to devices after conversion
So, without further ado, below are my top 5 picks for the best video converters.
First on the list is MovAvi Video Converter. What’s so special with this software is that is has a very user-friendly interface so even users who are not that techy can handle the software with ease.
It converts WebM files to MP4 format at a very fast speed. And what’s even more amazing with MovAvi Video Converter is, it lets you process files by batch. This means that you can convert as many files as you want in any size together. That just basically cuts your time waiting, right?
And while these files are being converted, you do not have to worry of getting low-quality output because MovAvi Video Converter preserves the quality of your videos, even with the 4k videos.
And here is the fun part, you can easily edit the videos like a pro before converting it adding subtitles, lessen the background noise, and even add effects for a personal touch.
- Converts files into desired format in a very fast speed
- Allows batch processing of files – any number and any size
- No quality loss in HD photos and 4k videos
- Add personal touch to files by quickly and easily editing it
If you have also been in the hunt for the best video converters out there, you probably have come across with Wondershare and its many products. But the one that caught my eye is the Wondershare UniConverter.
It lets you convert files into your desired format in a lightning speed without ever losing the quality of the file. Aside from video converting, you can also edit right away the videos you just converted and put your skills into test.
Then, just plug in your devices and your converted can be transferred in no time. Now, how convenient is that?
- Convert videos in a lightning speed
- Built-in video editor that makes your videos stand out
- Downloads and saves high-quality videos from sites in just one click
- Easy transfer of videos to laptops, computers, Apple and Android devices and many external devices
Judging by its name, we already know that Any Video Converter is a reliable software for any video conversion needs. This software lets you convert your WebM files to MP4 or other formats effortlessly to with no costs at all. Yes, you heard it right! Any Video Converter is free to download.
Any Video Converter also lets you download videos and music from YouTube, Facebook, VEVO, SoundCloud and so much more, and convert these files to your desired format straight away. Plus, you get to add your own flair to it by editing it. Trim, crop, rotate, add subtitles and audio marks on your video to make it stand out.
- Converts files into all kinds of format without quality loss
- Free to download and would not cost the users a dime
- Easy to navigate around with a user-friendly interface
- Personalize videos with editing tools available
Cloudconvert is the more preferred by users who only often convert WebM to MP4 files. It is a free online video converter rather than software that you download and install on your computer which saves you the time. But there is a Cloudconvert Chrome plug-in and iOS app that you can install should you feel the necessary need.
It supports the conversion of over 200 format files with just a few clicks of the button. The converted files are saved in a cloud that is safe and only you can access. Furthermore, Cloudconvert support batch conversion so you do not waste time selecting and waiting for only one to get converted.
Finally, you can manage these files and apply professional video-editing filters that are available at your disposal.
- Free online video converter
- Supports over 200 format files
- Allows batch conversion and helps you save time
- Has Chrome plug-in and iOS app to install in case there is a need
Zamzar is another online video converter on our list. It offers convenience to users mainly for two reasons. First, there is no need to download any software or application to your computer or laptops. Second, easily convert your WebM files to MP4 in three easy steps.
Zamzar online file converter aims to convert all types of files in just under 10 minutes for a more wonderful experience. It supports an impressive over 1,200 of format files and that is more than any other converter out there.
Now, Zamzar is a little different than other converters. After converting a file, Zamzar instead send the converted file to your email. This way, it would be easier for you to share your files with friends and loved ones.
- Online video converter, no need downloading a software
- Convert WebM to MP4 in three easy steps
- Easy sharing of files because Zamzar sends converter files to your email
With lots of available WebM to MP4 converter, I’m sure it would be a little overwhelming to choose what is right for you. Bear in mind that you need to be comfortable with the software that you wish to use.
Cost is not always the deciding factor. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean that it’s the one right off the bat. Free software or free online video converter usually has ads to show or pop in in the middle of the conversion process which you may find the kind of a hassle.
Whether it’s a paid software or a free online video converter, it will all depend on the video files.