Let’s admit it.
Playing music through our television isn’t a usual go-to. Besides, there are countless ways to do so. We can play music through home speakers, wireless speakers, headphones, and the like.
But, let me tell you this:
Streaming music through your TV is so underrated. And if you’re wondering why…
Well, aside from the fact that it’s super easy to do, it also saves energy! No need to plug in those movie theaters or speakers because your TV will serve you wonders.
And, what better way to test it out with the one of the most popular music streaming platform, Spotify? Here’s how you do it.
Before we start, are you already done with setting up your Chromecast? If not, the might as well check our guide on how to set up Google Chromecast.
Note: ‘Bedroom TV’ is the name of the Chromecast device we will be using for this article.
Step 1: Connect the Chromecast Device to Your Television
Google’s Chromecast device comes with an adaptor and cord upon purchase. The device has a built-in HDMI cord as well.
If you wonder why there’s a ‘charger’ inside the box, well, it’s because the Google Chromecast needs to be connected to a power source as you use it.
With that being said, here’s what you need to do:
- Connect the Chromecast device into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect the micro-USB cord to the device.
Now, you need to have the device connected to a power outlet. There are 2 ways to do it:
- Plug the cord into a power source; OR
- Remove the adaptor to reveal a USB-type cord. If your television has a USB port too, you can plug the cord there.
Step 2: Source the Chromecast Device
- Get your TV’s remote control.
- Find the Source button and click it.
- You’ll be presented by numerous source options but pick ‘HDMI’ as your source.
Step 3: Open the Spotify App & Play a Song
- Open the Spotify App, but if you haven’t downloaded it yet, download the Spotify app for Android.
- Choose the Song of your choice. Hit the Play or Shuffle Play Button to play the music.
Step 4: Find Available Devices
After playing the song, you need to find available devices you can use. This is to make sure that the Chromecast device was properly set-up.
- On the bottom-left corner of your cell phone screen, you will see the button that will show you the available devices you can play your music with.
- Click that button.
Step 5: Cast Your Device’s Screen To TV
As you see the available devices, you should see the name of your Chromecast device. Now, the default device is your phone so it will show that you are listening through your phone. To Change it:
- Click your Chromecast device name, which in this case is ‘Bedroom TV’.
You might get a general instruction from Spotify on how to screencast your phone to TV. If this happens, what you need to do is:
- Click the ‘Got it’ button.
- After this step, click the Chromecast device’s name again.
- Spotify will now connect to your television and you can see it on the bottom part of your screen.
- Wait for it to be connected. Your TV will show the same as the image below.
As simple as that, you can enjoy streaming Spotify using your TV! Amazing, right?
Now, here’s the thing:
Your cellphone only acts as a remote control to your Chromecast device. This means that you can still your phone as is.
All I’m saying is…
There’s no need to be scared exiting the Spotify app as you Chromecast. Your Spotify will continue to play, so you can sit back and enjoy the songs!
Google Chromecast 3rd Gen
Stream your favorite movie or music online with Chromecast. This will provide you with up to 1080p resolution. The Google Chromecast 3rd Generation retails for $35.
Now, if you’re worrying that you won’t be able to use your phone while using this device, fret not. The Chromecast only uses your mobile device as a remote and after casting, you can easily use your phone as is.
Is Spotify Chromecast-Compatible?
Thankfully, yes! You can cast the Spotify app to your TV with Google Chromecast.
Can Chromecast stream Spotify?
Chromecast, the device itself, cannot stream Spotify since the device can’t stand on its own. You need to connect it to your mobile phone and use it as a remote control to stream Spotify and other apps.
Does Google Chromecast Changes Spotify Sound Quality?
Google Chromecast doesn’t change the quality of music Spotify has. However, the TV itself could. The output quality of audio depends on the quality of the built-in speakers on the television or any speaker connected to it.
Chromecast Spotify Now!
Here’s the final verdict:
Using your TV as a music player works wonders. You can save energy and time with how easy it is to set up. Although your television audio isn’t as good as some speakers out there, it does its job. And to be honest, the music quality is still great!
With all these being said, using Chromecast for Spotify is definitely, a smart move.
What’s the name of your go-to playlist on Spotify? Let us hear it in the comments section below!