There are lots of different reasons you might want to download YouTube videos on your phone. But do you know how? In this article, we’ll go over the easiest and most user-friendly ways to download your favorite YouTube videos.
YouTube is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, video platforms today. Amazingly, this platform hosts billions of videos to date and continues to add more. Founded in 2005, YouTube records around 6 billion watching hours from its visitors or users monthly.
Many of you already know most the ins and outs of YouTube. Especially considering the fact that it is very accessible through Android phones and other operating systems.
But in case you’re wondering what else the YouTube offers, here are some things you need to know to help you fully enjoy this platform.
First, let us tackle how to create a YouTube account on an Android phone. The sign-up process has been made easier because YouTube uses Google accounts. So, if you already have a Google account, just log in to gain access to YouTube videos, music, etc.
However, if you do not yet have a Google account, you can easily create one on the same login page.
YouTube offers a free account from the get-go. With a free subscription, you can watch all content, but with paid advertisements. Also, you are limited in what you can do with these videos–you will not be allowed to download content.
So, if you want to download YouTube videos, here are a few things that you can do:
Download YouTube Videos Through a Paid Subscription
Of course, it’s not that YouTube forbids users from downloading content; it’s just that you’ll need to be a premium subscriber.
This platform offers a 1-month free trial of their premium services. Then a monthly fee of 11.99 USD will be charged. Once you are on a premium subscription, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- You can watch videos without ads
- You can play videos even if you are not in the YouTube app
- Stream music by your favorite artists legally through YouTube music
- You can download YouTube videos and save them on your Android phone
Now, here is a simple and quick guide on how to download YouTube videos if you are a premium subscriber:
1. Open the app and go to your desired video.
2. You can download the video without the need to open and watch it. Just locate the three vertical dots on the far right of the video then click download. See photo below:
3. You can also download a YouTube video while watching it. Locate the three vertical dots in the top right corner then select “Download.”
4. After these steps, go to the “Library” icon and select “Downloads.” There you can see all the videos that you have downloaded. These videos can be accessed and enjoyed even without an internet connection.
Download YouTube Videos Through Other Tools
Don’t have a budget for YouTube Premium? Don’t worry–you can still download YouTube videos on your Android phone through these tools!
This tool allows you to download YouTube videos and music on your phone and watch them offline. And you can do this for free!
When downloading, Tube Mate categorizes videos by genre. For example, if you are into sports, you can search and download your specific sport-related videos.
It also allows you to download videos in the background. Meaning you can still make use of your phone while downloading your favorite YouTube video. This feature is also great for music streaming, as you can skip the visual if you prefer.
In addition, you can enjoy these vireo while doing other things through their floating mode.
You can download and install Tube Mate through your application store.
Want to download YouTube videos and content from other sites and platforms as well? SnapTube has got you covered!
Through this tool, you can download videos from Facebook, Instagram, and other popular sites. You can download a video in MP4 format and even audio content in MP3 format. Its downloads are high definition and, while downloading, users can enjoy content in different resolutions from 144p to 4k.
SnapTube does not require its users to install an additional plug-in, making it easier to use and download videos. Just like Tube Mate, you can also opt to watch in a floating window so that you can multitask while watching.
How to Use SnapTube:
1. Download and install SnapTube from the Google Play Store or any app download service.
2. Once installed, open the app and search for the videos that you want to download.
3. All videos share a downloading button, or the yellow floating sig, tap on it to begin the process.
4. You can choose the video or audio format when downloading.
5. Select which format you would like, then tap on download. The video, with the formatting that you chose, will download to your Android phone.
Just like SnapTube, Videoder allows users to download content from a wide range of sources. Videoder caters to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, and even Daily Motion videos. It can download YouTube videos in MP3 or MP4 formats as well.
While using the Videoder app, you can enjoy their videos in 2K or 4K resolutions. This tool is capable of downloading both audio and video content, making it a strong candidate when you want to download YouTube videos.
Users are also allowed to download multiple videos in one go to save time.
Is it okay to download YouTube videos?
In general, YouTube allows its users to legally download their content through their premium subscription.
What is the safest YouTube downloader?
All video downloaders mentioned above are available in Android phones and are considered safe.
There are many useful apps when you want to download YouTube videos. These apps are easy to download and usually offer free services.
You can choose from apps that download different file formats, such as audio or video files, and in different quality resolutions.
And if you are a YouTube premium subscriber, you can just go direct and download YouTube videos to your Android phone now.