Forgetting your lock screen password can be such a stressful experience. As we become more and more dependent on our phones, getting locked out of them can be a nightmare. So why not learn how to bypass an Android lock screen using the camera before you need it?
Learning this trick in advance can help you avoid panicking and calmly solve the problem when it arrives. It can also help you solve another person’s problem by helping them open their Android phone.
The title “How to Bypass an Android Lock Screen Using the Camera” may seem uncanny but it’s possible. All it needs is a little patience and practice to get it right.
Let’s learn how!
Table of Contents
- How to Bypass an Android Lock Screen Using the Camera – A Step by Step Guide
- How to Bypass an Android Lock Screen – Other Tips and Tricks
- Professional Android Unlocker- 4uKey for Android
- Forgot Password Option
- Hard Reset
How to Bypass an Android Lock Screen Using the Camera – A Step by Step Guide
This is a safe method of bypassing an Android lock screen. It won’t damage any of the data on your phone and won’t affect its overall performance. The main idea of this method is to cause your camera to crash. This will then reveal your homepage and bypass your lock screen.
- Turn on the Android device that you want to unlock. Tap on the “Emergency Call” feature to open up your dial pad.
- Upon opening the Dial pad, you will now be able to type in a sequence of characters. Type in 10 asterisks as a start.
- You will then highlight these 10 characters and paste them back right beside the first 10. You’ll be doing this around 11 times until you can’t highlight the characters anymore.
- After that, return to the phone’s lock screen. Access the camera on your lock screen. How you’re going to do this depends on your phone. Some may need to just tap the button and others may need to swipe left to open the camera.
- Once you’re in the camera view, you’ll be able to scroll the notification slider down to access it. Once you’ve got it down, tap on the gear icon.
- This will then initiate a password prompt and ask you to type in your password. Long press on the area for your password and tap on the “Paste” option.
- This will paste the 10 asterisks you’ve copied from the start. Keep pasting this while making sure that the cursor is at the end of the line.
- After repeating this action multiple times, this will make your system crash. You will notice that none of the soft icons are visible anymore.
- You will then wait for the camera to crash.
- After that, your home screen will pop up and you have finally unlocked your phone through your camera.
How to Bypass an Android Lock Screen – Other Tips and Tricks
If the first method didn’t work out for you, you can try out these other methods and see if it works for you.
Professional Android Unlocker
This method involves downloading a dedicated program to help unlock your Android phone. It’s also a safe way to unlock your phone. It’s important to note though that it involves more steps that are a bit more advanced compared to the previous method.
There are varying instructions to complete this method because it ultimately depends on the program you downloaded. But generally, here’s how to bypass an Android lock screen using a professional Android unlocker: 4uKey for Android
- Find a program that you like and trust. There are lots of programs online that you can download for free. Some will just have better features for your needs than others.
- Once you’ve downloaded the program, connect your phone to your computer via the USB port.
- Each program has a specific set of instructions as to how to unlock your phone. These instructions may also vary depending on the type of lock, be it a pin, alphanumeric, or pattern. Follow each one as your program will guide you every step of the way.
- Once you’ve finished, unplug your phone from your computer.
Here shows a video tutorial to bypass an Android lock screen using 4uKey for Android:
Forgot Password Option
This is another safe and harmless way to bypass your Android lock screen. Most modern Android phones now come with this option. It was made to keep your phone safe yet allow you to access it through inputting different kinds of credentials. Here’s how you can do it on your phone:
- After trying to input your password a few times, your phone will automatically lock. It won’t allow you to input the password anymore but it will show you a “Forgot Password” button. Tap on that.
- This next procedure will vary from one device to another. It may ask you to input your Google Account details or to answer a few security questions. All you have to do is input your answers.
This method should only be reserved as a last resort. Bypassing an Android lock screen using a hard reset will erase all of your data. The main idea of this method is to return your phone to a state that it came in when you first got it. This is the reason why it’s also called a factory reset. Here are general instructions for you to follow. These steps may change depending on the model of your phone.
- Turn off your phone. This is what differentiates a hard reset from a factory reset from the Settings menu. This is what we’ll use instead of a factory reset because you can’t access the settings menu from the lock screen.
- Once your Android phone is turned off, press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button simultaneously. After a while, this will show you the Android system recovery screen.
- To navigate your way around, you can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. Press the Volume Down button until it highlights the “wipe data/factory reset” option. To select it, press the Power button.
- It will then ask you if you’re sure about this procedure. Use the Volume Down button to highlight “Yes – delete all user data” and the Power button to select it.
- Once the reset is complete, your phone may return to the Android system recovery screen. If this happens, just use the Volume Down button to highlight “Reboot system now” and use the Power button to confirm.
- Your phone will start after a while and the hard reset will be complete.
Can I bypass any Android phone lock screen?
Unfortunately, not all phones can take advantage of this process. This was a loophole that was found in phones that had Android 5.0 versions and below. In the succeeding versions of Android, this was already fixed so newer phones can’t use this process.
Will my data get erased if I bypass my Android lock screen using the camera?
No, this process is 100% safe for your phone and your data. It will not affect any of the data you have inside because all you’re doing is crashing your camera to access the homepage. This will also not affect the performance of your phone.
Can I bypass my Android lock screen using the camera if my password is a pin or a pattern?
If your password is a pattern or a pin, you will need to follow a different kind of guide. This guide works best if your password is alphanumeric because you’ll have the space to input all the characters.
When you forget your password, there’s no need to panic. It can be solved by a few simple steps and voila! You’re good to go!
It’s also better to learn how to bypass an Android lock screen using the camera before you need it. It keeps you level-headed while dealing with the problem. Just remember that this trick won’t be applicable to phones that are above Android 5.0. This was a bug that was fixed in newer versions of Android.
If the phone you’re trying to unlock is Android 5.1 and above, you can try using the other methods described in the FAQs.