So you finally bought some Google Home speakers online or from the store. Most likely because your friends told you to or you read about them from the internet.
Smart speakers are pretty cool, right?
If this is your first time using one, no worries. We have you sorted. Google Home is simply a line of smart speakers developed by Google. It comes with a voice assistant known as Google assistant.
Google assistant offers voice-activated commands which you set up on your device, letting you control devices in your smart home.
You have your Toshiba smart TV already at home. The reason you are reading this is that you want to use Google Home with your TV, right? But you don’t know how to it right.
Follow this guideline to connect your Toshiba smart TV to Google Home and say goodbye to your TV remote.
What you Need to Connect Google Home to Toshiba Smart TV
Before we begin, you need to make sure you have these three things ready.
1. A wireless connection
2. Your TV (Preferably Toshiba Smart TV
3. Google Chromecast
Google Wireless Chromecast
- TV screen mirror adapter
- Support multiple devices
Use Google Wireless Chromecast to connect with your Google Home devices if your smart TV doesn’t come with an in-built Chromecast. This device provides a stable wireless connection than other devices.
It supports mirroring from iOS and Android smartphones. You can also connect your PC and iPad to your TV to watch or view pictures and videos online or from the local storage.
Smart TVs are not the only devices you can use with your Google Home. Look through some of our articles about Google Home devices. You never know these may be useful and make your home smarter.
- Worthy Google Home Compatible Light Switch
- Best Google Home Compatible Doorbells
- Best Google Home Compatible Speakers
- Best Google Home Light Bulbs
- Best Google Home Compatible Security Cameras
Connect Google Home with Chromecast
You’ve got your Google Chromecast with you. Now is the time to get this baby connected to Smart TV.
One way to get your Google Home connected to your Toshiba Smart TV is by using a Chromecast that is plugged into the HDMI input of the TV.
To get started, make sure the Chromecast is plugged into the Smart TV. Then connect your smartphone and Google Home to the same network.
Step 1: Turn on your TV and make sure the Chromecast is showing on your screen
Step 2: Download Google Home on your smartphone
Once you’ve installed this to your smartphone, open the app and connect your smartphone to Google Home speaker.
Note: Make sure Google Home is the same network as your smartphone
Step 3: Setup Chromecast on TV
Once you’ve connected the Chromecast to TV, open the Smart Home application and add the new Chromecast device.
- Tap the devices icon on the top right corner of the app
- Click add new device and follow the Wi-Fi instructions
- After setup click continue on the Google Home app
- You will see a code on the TV and on your smartphone. If they match, tap next to set your region and name of Chromecast.
Step 4: Connect Chromecast to Google Home
- Go to the Google Home app on your smartphone
- Scroll down to more settings and select TVs and speakers
- Select the device you want to link with Google Home and follow the setup instruction. Once you’re done, select done.
Once Google Home is connected to your Toshiba Smart TV, you can now use Google Voice Assistant.
We thought you might like to read these articles about how to connect Google Home on other Smart TVs.
- How to Connect Google Home to Insignia TV (Easy Methods)
- How to Connect Google Home to VIZIO Smart TV
- Easy Ways on How to Connect Your LG Smart TV to Google Home
- How to Connect Google Home to TCL TV (2 Easy Methods)
- How to Connect Google Home to Sony TV (Fast and Easy Guide)
Control your Smart TV with Google Home
With this method, we hope you were successful in connecting your Toshiba Smart TV to Google Home. It’s easy peasy, isn’t it?
Now with everything set up, you can enjoy TV much more. Google Home lets you use voice commands to tell your TV to switch between shows and movies without stressing for the TV remote.
There’s a lot you can do at home now that you have a Google Home speaker. You can connect it to multiple devices and use the voice assistant to complete tasks for you when you feel lazy to leave your couch.
Finally, you have come to the end of this article. We hope these instructions were helpful. Leave your thoughts in the comment section below and don’t forget to share this with your friends.