Have you ever wondered about that one wallpaper that got so popular over the years? How do we find the root origin of a photo? Is this even a viable option to know where a specific picture was used first?
The answer is yes, yes, and YES!
This process is called Reverse image search. Reverse image search is a process that enables us to do this.
Google has always helped us to find any picture we need. It also can trackback the way from where an image is originated. It’s possible that you have already done this on your laptop or your computer.
But don’t you know?
It is possible to do the search using an Android-based mobile phone as well.
Keep reading to learn more.
Reverse image search
It is very easy just to type a topic in the Google search bar and read the results. In such a case, an input query is a text. However, in a reverse image search, your input query is picture based.
You can get detailed results against your selected image. These results include the source of the picture, availability of the same image in different resolutions, and the option of acquiring more data about that specific image. You may also discover a list of webpages where it shows the target picture.
Additionally, you may have a look at similar matches.
How is it possible on Android?
Doing a reverse image search on a computer sounds convenient. It may appear to be a rather technical process to do the same on an android phone.
But guess what?
Once you learn the steps, the process shall be on your fingertips. Our step by step method shall make it a user-friendly process for you.
So no more talking and let’s get right down to business!
How to Reverse Image Search on Android
Reverse Search for an image using Google Chrome
It is the most user-friendly way to do a reverse lookup for an image. Here are the simple steps laid out for you:
- Search for the image by keyword in Google images.
- Tap and hold long. A pop-up menu shall appear.
- From the options, click “Search Google for this image.”
- Enjoy the results.
Switch to Desktop Site when using Chrome
In case the above- mentioned steps do not work for you, you have other options. For that, you have to learn how to use the Chrome Browser as a Desktop Site. We are mentioning the simple steps to help out a first-timer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the opened window, click the three dots you see on the right top corner. These can be found beside the number of opened tabs.
- A menu shall appear. Check the box made with the “Desktop site.”
- Click elsewhere to hide the pop-up menu. There you have a desktop version of Google Chrome.
- You can now do a reverse image search like you would do on your PC.
Use Image URL to Reverse Image Search
Once you have the desktop site of the Chrome opened in your android phone, you can use the following steps to use the URL of the image for reverse search. Here’s how:
- Search for the image by your keyword in Google images.
- Tap the image long. Here, you have the picture opened along with a pop-up menu.
- Click the “copy link address” from the options.
- Open the desktop version of the Google Chrome browser by following the steps mentioned here.
- Click the small camera icon you see at the right edge of the search bar.
- Here, you shall see two options. The first one is “Paste image URL.” Paste the copied URL here and click “Search by Image.”
- The results are shown right there.
Reverse Image Search using a Saved Photo
You can use an image from the saved photos from your Android Phone for reverse image search. For a detailed step by step method, perform the following clicks with us:
- Open the desktop version of Chrome.
- Type google.images.com in the phone’s browser.
- Click the tiny camera icon given there.
- Look for the “Upload an image” option. It is beside the “Paste Image URL” tab.
- Click the said option. Select the image by clicking on “Choose File.”
- If the gallery does not appear as a default, select “Documents” as a source.”
- Click on the top left three lines for a list of options.
- Select Images. You shall see the gallery of your phone, including all the albums.
- Choose the image. It shall be uploaded in a few seconds.
- Have a glance at the results.
Reverse Image Search using a Sebsite
There are several websites that will aid you to do the reverse image search. One such website is ctrlq.org/google/images. Another is tineye.com. Both of these are specifically reverse image search engines. Here, we are sharing steps to use tineye.com with step by step details.
- Open the browser.
- The homepage of the site shall be shown with two search options. One is the arrow and the other a search bar.
- Click on the arrow to upload a file from the android phone memory.
- Alternatively, paste the copied image URL in the search bar.
- Click the search option.
- The results are provided there.
Reverse Image Search using an App
For frequent reverse searches, you may find it a bit longer to follow the above steps every single time. There are many apps available out there for user’s convenience.
One of the most known app for this purpose is “Search by Image App.”
Download the App by clicking here:
Once you have the app downloaded from Google Play, open it, and follow the steps with us:
- On the home page, click the white plus sign on the pink-colored circle.
- Choose the “image gallery” as a source.
- Find the target image and click on it.
- Tap on the search button given at the bottom of the screen.
- You shall get the desired results.
It is that quick to do so.
You may also find the same image available in different dimensions, quality, and format. This a great search method to find visibly similar images. It also shows the relevant results without the need for keyword searches.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Reverse Image Search mean?
Reverse Image Search means that you’re going to do a Google Search by entering photos instead of text queries.
How does Reverse Image Search Work?
Reverse Image Search work by analyzing the image you have submitted and constructing a mathematical model of it using algorithms.
Is Reverse Image Search accurate?
The Reverse Image Search can only be as accurate and can only go as far as the number of images they have indexed.
You can’t always expect the same results on every reverse image search you do. One image might produce hundreds or even thousands of results while one won’t even produce a single result. So it still depends on how common or how numerous the image is around the internet.
Reverse Image Search— Searching for images the easy way!
You can do a web search on your Android phone using an image as your query. We have explained with our detailed step by step methods how to do so, using several options. Choose the best-suited method according to your best understanding.
The process in which Google has helped us to have so much data so close to our access, similarly reverse search works. The options where we may need the reverse picture search are infinite. It is more fascinating when we simply search using our phones without the hassle of turning on a computer.