We all know that Huawei has developed its own operating system since getting banned by the US government from using Android.
It has already been a few years since the Chinese company has launched HarmonyOS. Ever since its launch, the company has been actively pushing features and updates to improve the operating system as well as the user experience.
And now, a new report reveals that the latest HarmonyOS 3.0. will be coming in July of this year.
- Huawei will sell 4G-powered smartphones only in the US
- Huawei officially launches its own operating system, HarmonyOS 2, on its devices
- HarmonyOS reaches over 70 million users worldwide, available to nearly 100 devices
HarmonyOS 3.0. coming this July, according to a report
According to a new report, Huawei’s upcoming HarmonyOS 3.0. is expected to be officially released in July later this year. But, there is a bit of a possibility that this announcement could have been made a bit early.
The announcement claims that the official release could happen sometime at least by the end of the second quarter of this year (i.e. by June 2022).
On the other hand, Huawei is expected to host an event during the Spring festival, with the date still unknown. So, it is possible that the company might try to announce the release of HarmonyOS at that event too.
Huawei’s HarmonyOS 3.0. Developer Preview was released a couple of months ago, in October of 2021, during the company’s Developer Conference event.
Through it, the operating system continues to innovate around three major areas –– System Architecture, Super Terminal, and One-time development of multi-terminal deployment.
Based on the reports, the HarmonyOS is a new-age operating system. And because of that, its system architecture can be deployed flexibly. This means that even if smart devices will have different memories they will be able to communicate using the same language.
Besides that, it is also expected that there will be improvements around the automation tools and developers can pick the required components based on hardware to complete the OS assembly.
It is said that Huawei will start testing closed HarmonyOS 3.0. in April, then a public phase will follow suit, and a stable rollout afterward. The whole process will move moderately and will take about two or three months before reaching the final stage of rollout to eligible Huawei device users.
This is exciting news for those loyal Huawei fans, who have been waiting for this major operating system update. If the leaked announcement is true then HarmonyOS 3.0. launching is only a few months away.
More tech news:
- Classic BlackBerry phones will stop working starting January 4
- DuckDuckGo is building a standalone web browser for Windows and Mac
- Stable OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus are littered with bugs, users aren’t happy
- More leaks revealed of the Samsung Galaxy S22 series –– design, specs, and launch date
- Android Go now reaches millions of active users, promises faster and more efficient performance