Do you need to access and open PDF on Android fast? Well, do not worry because I am here to help you out! This is a fact: One of the most popular file formats that people use worldwide is the Portable Document Format or PDF.
Let us first understand what a PDF is!
What is a PDF?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. It is a file type which allows the users to view a read only format of a document without giving them access to edit it. These files can be easily shared and printed on the go. PDF files can also be password protected. Bank statements and ID proofs are some examples of password protected PDFs.
Now, if you are wondering why PDF is the most popular file format, well it’s because the PDF format supports a lot of different styles of documents, including e-books, manuals, bank statements, and application forms. Most people use this type of file to distribute a read-only version of a document and preserve its layout. On top of that, you can easily open this file type with any computer.
If you do not have a pre-installed PDF reader on your device, there is nothing to worry about! Here is a guide on how to open PDF on Android devices.
Check out our video guide above or follow our step-by-step process below!
How to View PDF Documents on Your Android?
The latest phones usually come with a built-in PDF reader. So if you can’t open PDF on Android out of the box, check out these apps below:
1. Use Adobe PDF Reader for Android
This app is from Adobe, the creator of PDF file format itself. Adobe Reader is quite popular on Windows PCs, and it is one of the best Android PDF apps available on the Google Play Store.
The app is easy to use, and it lets you open PDF on Android within seconds. It also comes with various advanced features, such as brightness lock and night mode.
Adobe Reader also lets you fill in forms that are in PDF format and print them through Google Cloud Print. One of the best features of this app is that it allows you to sign PDF files with your finger. That is pretty useful!
To get started, follow these steps:
1. Download and install the Adobe Reader app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
2. Open your PDF file using file manager or Adobe PDF reader.
Using File Manager
Make sure that the PDF that you want to open is on your Android phone or tablet. If the file is on your computer, connect your Android device to the PC using the appropriate USB cable and transfer the file to your phone or tablet afterward.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the folder where the PDF file is stored.
- Tap on the file.
- Adobe Reader automatically opens the PDF file on your phone.
Using Adobe Reader App
- Tap the “Files” button on the bottom part of your screen.
- Select “On This Device.” If the document is on a cloud storage, tap the corresponding service.
- Browse and scan through all your PDF files there.
- Open any document by tapping on it.
If you know the file name of the PDF, use the “Search” feature on the bottom left part of your screen to find the document faster.
2. Using Librera PDF Reader
Like Adobe Reader, the Librera app is also one of the best Android PDF reader apps that you can download from Google Play Store. This Android PDF reader is easy to use and highly customizable.
It features Night and full-screen mode. Librera also lets you translate text using online dictionaries.
1. Download and install the PDF Reader app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
The ad-free pro version of the app includes a search filter as a bonus feature.
2. Make sure that the document is saved on your Android device.
3. Open the document using your File Manager
- Look for the PDF document that you wish to view on your device.
- Tap on the file.
- PDF Reader will open up the PDF document.
You can also open the PDF file after launching the Librera app manually.
- Under the Library tab, browse the PDFs you have on your Android device.
- Tap on the PDF file that you want to open.
- You can also locate and open the file manually by going to the BROWSE tab and navigating to the folder that contains the document.
Read your PDF’s and E-Books anywhere!
With this device, you don’t have to look for an app that can open PDF on Android. Meant to look like the old version of Kindle, this fairly recent version of the Kindle provides us with that nostalgia factor that we all love. The refurbished Kindle has all the functionalities of the old one with improved viewing features.
The refurbished Kindle has an adjustable front light that you can use to read even in low-light areas, it has a glare-free display for reading outdoors, and a battery charge that will last more than a week. It is everything that the old version had to offer, and more.
It is definitely a must-buy for literature buffs and bookworms.
Check out the All-new Amazon Kindle on Amazon!
Most of – if not all – the latest Android smartphones and tablets usually come with a built-in PDF reader. If for some reason you are unable to open PDF on Android, check the document for signs of corruption or encryption using your PC or other devices.
Make sure to follow all instructions properly and feel free to shoot us your questions in the comments area below.
If you are looking for more tips on your Android device, subscribe to our newsletter for daily or weekly updates.