Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is one of the most rugged and sturdy smartphones to be released in recent times. It’s a shame the Samsung is not continuing that trend with their latest flagships, and so if you need a purposefully strong device, you’ll have to do outdated specs. This article will be listing some of the most common Samsung Galaxy S5 Active problems and troubleshooting so that you will be easily able to identify and solve them.
The 5.1-inch smartphone was released back in 2014 and still is one of the best outdoor smartphones ever made. The rugged body and IP 67 certified rating meant that the smartphone became quite popular with those who worked outdoors. The full HD Super AMOLED screen is bright enough to be easily visible in direct sunlight, something a lot of outdoor workmen appreciated. This article is all about Samsung Galaxy S5 Active problems and troubleshooting so without further talk, let’s start with the problems and their solutions.
Problem 1 – Galaxy S5 Active Not Turning On
If your Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is not turning on their might be several reasons of that to be happening. Let’s start with a few common ones and their solutions.
- If your smartphone is not turning on, it can be a result of a battery not being inserted with the right way. Have the back panel opened and check to see if the battery connectors are correctly placed or not. I recommend simply taking the battery out and firmly putting it back in the place.
- Another reason might be your battery is completely dead. Even if you are not using your smartphone actively, the battery would have drained to a complete zero. Plug in the charger cable and wait for a little while. After the phone has sufficient charge, the display will turn on, and you can use the phone.
- Even after trying all those steps, the smartphone is not turning on then this means your phone is physically damaged. It’s quite obvious that you have to take it to a certified technician to take a look at the internal hardware of the device.
Problem 2 – Speaker Not Working
A lot of Samsung Galaxy S5 Active users have reported that the smartphone is giving muddled sound from the speaker. Some users have reported that the speaker is not working out right. There can be several reasons for this, let’s try to find a solution for this predicament.
- One of the most common reasons for not hearing anything is as you have accidentally set the volume to zero. All you need to do is push the volume up button and you’ll start hearing sound from the speaker. I know, this is a very simple error a person can make but it is worth a try.
- Another reason might be that your headphones are plugged in. The smartphone automatically cuts of the sound emitting from the speaker of the device when headphones are plugged in the port. Over time, dust and grime in the headphone jack can emulate the insertion of headphones. Make sure that the board is clear of all debris. The usual culprit is a tissue paper that is washed in your jeans and get stuck into the port.
- I’ve seen a lot of people use phone charms with their smartphones. Some of the charms use the headphone jack as well. Make sure that you don’t have any charm installed on your smartphone.
- The last reason might be that the speaker is broken. You can try to reboot the smartphone by turning it off and removing the battery. Then inserting it back in and turning the phone on but if the speaker is still not working, you’ll need to take it to a hardware technician.
Problem 3 – Cannot Make Phone Calls
Some users have reported that the phone is working normally but it cannot make any calls. There can be several reasons for this problem to occur.
- One of the most basic reasons is that your phone is in airplane mode. Disable the airplane mode and you’ll start receiving and making phone calls.
- You might be an area where cell phone coverage is not that great. If you have no service signal, it means that you won’t be able to make any phone calls.
- Turn off the smartphone and take out the SIM card from the tray. See if it is in bad shape or has carbon on it, you can know that by its slight discoloration towards black. If the SIM card is in perfect condition, insert it back in firmly and securely. See if that helps.
- The last reason might be that the cellular antenna has gone bad. You’ll have to see it technician for that.
Problem 4 – Home Button Not Working Properly
Some people have reported that their smartphone’s home button is not working properly. It either doesn’t even work or opens “Ok Google”.
- This can happen if your smart phone has been wet for a long period of time. I recommend that you let it dry out, turn off the phone and use a hairdryer to evaporate the moisture.
- This can also happen if the bottom has been damaged in some way and is being pressed twice when pressed. It can only be solved by hardware technician.
Problem 5 – Touchscreen Is Not Working
There have been reports of the touchscreen not working on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. There can be several reasons for this behavior, let’s see if we find a solution for your problem.
- The screen can be immensely dirty with water or grease. A thin lane of Greece can wreak havoc on your touchscreen. I recommend using a microfiber cloth and rigorously wiping the screen.
- If your hands are wet, the smartphone may face trouble in recognizing your touch. Make sure you have dry hands before operation.
- Some people wear gloves in the winter and when the try using the smartphone, we found out that it cannot be used. Either use specialized gloves that allow you to use your smartphone or use the cheaper route, and remove the gloves.
- This problem can also arise when screen is broken, you won’t see any visible cracks but the digitizer beneath the glass can be damaged. Unfortunately, you’ll have to replace the screen completely in this scenario.
Problem 6 – MicroSD Card Not Working
You have inserted the microSD card in the proper slot but it is not being detected by the phone. Here is what you need to do.
- Make sure that you’ve inserted the card directly into the port. In order to do that, take it back out and see if the orientation matches the little icon just next to the card slot.
- It can also happen when the card is not properly formatted. Format the card by using a card reader with your PC. Then try again.
- MicroSD cards are fragile and can easily be broken. Check your card with another device to ensure that it is not out of commission.
Problem 7 – The Smartphone Is Not Charging
You’ve attached your smartphone to a charger but it is not charging. A lot of users have complained about extremely slow charging as well.
- Slow charging may happen when you have connected your smartphone to a PCs USB 2.0 port. You need to connect the smartphone to a USB 3.0 charging port on a PC to ensure that it is getting charged at full speed. A lot of PCs these days feature a USB 3.0 port but if yours doesn’t come with it, it would be better to similar charge it with a dedicated charger.
- A damaged charger can result in the smartphone not getting charged at all. It is also highly dangerous to use a damaged charger. Use a new charger to see if there is any difference.
- If the charging cable is itself damaged, it may lead to no charging or slow charging. If you have a cat or a dog that likes to nibble around, they may have damaged your charging cable. Try charging with a new cable.
- Sometimes people use third-party chargers that are not capable of delivering proper voltages. You need to purchase a quality made Samsung first party charger. There are a lot of counterfeit Chinese chargers available in the market; you need to be conscious of them.
- If you charging port is damaged, the phone may face no or slow charging. There is nothing we can do except taking it to the hardware technician.
- If there is no battery in your smart phone or it is completely dead, the smartphone may not get charged. You’ll need to buy a replacement battery.
Problem 8 – The Camera Is Unresponsive
Some people have reported that the camera application shutdowns immediately or doesn’t properly operate the camera.
- This is a known issue where a pop up appears saying “Warning: Camera Failed”. There is no available solution for this yet but Samsung knew about the issue and promised to replace any smartphone that had this problem. If your smartphone is still in warranty, there is a very slim chance of it though; you can get a replacement smartphone.
- If you dropped your smartphone from a considerable height, there was a chance that the camera is now broken and needs to be replaced.
- If the camera app is crashing randomly or especially when you start making a video, you can do a simple reboot of the smartphone to avoid this problem.
- If the camera app is unresponsive, try using one of the best camera apps for Android and see if the problem persists.
These were a few major Samsung Galaxy S5 Active problems and troubleshooting. I hope that this article may have helped you in solving one of these problems. The smartphone is an aging one, and I recommend that you upgrade as soon as you can.
If you have any different problem than the ones I’ve listed, feel free to talk to me in the comments, I’ll be sure to reply back.