The Samsung Gear S2 is one of the best smartwatches produced by Samsung. Before you can use the device and discover its hidden features, you have to set it up first. You need an Android smartphone and the device to make it work.
Do you ever wonder that your Samsung Gear S2 may have hidden features? Remember that Samsung openly allows customization on their devices. If you are not aware, the Samsung Gear S2 hidden features, tips, and tricks will completely catch you off guard. Its setup is so simple yet its function is convenient to every user. The Samsung Gear S2 hacks listed in this article will save your day
The following are the best-hidden features, tips, and tricks for the Gear S2.
Must Read: Android Smart Watch: The Ultimate Guide
Samsung Gear S2 Hidden Features, Tips and Tricks
- Watch face customization
- Unlock your phone with Gear S2
- Locate the Device (Samsung Gear S2 or Phone)
- Setup a Passcode for Samsung Gear S2
- Disable Wake-Up Gesture
- Enable power saving mode
- Unlock Samsung Gear S2 without password
These are the top Samsung Gear S2 tips you should know about. Read on to know how-to use these tips on your Galaxy watch.
1. Watch Face customization
We all know that Samsung gives out maximum freedom in customization and Samsung Gear S2 comes with it as well. In Samsung Gear S2, you can actually change the watch face of your own. Be the designer that you are by following the steps:
- Open the Galaxy Gear S2 application on the smartphone that it is connected.
- Tap on the Watch Faces.
3. A list of Watch faces will appear on the screen of your mobile phone. Tap on a watch face to select it.
4. Choose Stylize to customize a watch face. When you want to save a customized watch face, tap the add template icon seen at the bottom of the screen. In this way, you have created a new watch face without replacing the template design.
5. Select a dial that you want.
6. Tap on complication 1 to select what you want to show on the watch face.
7. If you do not want to show the date on your watch face, tap the Show date slider to disable.
8. Tap Save to keep your customized watch face.
You can also customize your watch face directly on your Samsung Gear S2.
- Tap and hold the screen of your Gear S2.
- Rotate the bezel and select a different watch face.
- When you have decided on which watch face, tap on it.
- Look for the Stylize option if it is available. Rotate the bezel to customize and tap OK if you are finished.
2. Unlock your phone with Gear S2
Android has put off a cool Samsung Gear S2 hidden feature, it allows you to enable or disable your phone’s lock screen.
- Tap the Apps on the home screen of your Samsung mobile.
- Select the Samsung Gear. If you have trouble looking for it, you may locate it inside the Samsung folder.
3. Select the Find My Gear in the options.
4. Select Reactivation Lock.
5. Tap on the slider to enable or disable the reactivation lock.
6. Enter the password of your Samsung account and tap CONFIRM.
3. Locate the Device (Samsung Gear S2 or Phone)
Who wants to lose their gear? Samsung Gear S2 has this amazing feature that can help you locate your missing device. It is really helpful when both of your devices are connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Press the home button or power button of your Gear S2. Rotate the bezel and tap Find my Phone.
2. Tap the starticon to begin searching for your device.
3. Your smartphone will vibrate and ring. Tap on the X icon when you already found your phone.
4. If you lost your Gear S2, go to the Samsung Gear app.
5. Go to the settings tab and select Find My Gear.
6. Tap on the start icon to begin the search.
7. Just like your phone, your Gear S2 will vibrate and ring. Tap on the X icon when you already found your Gear S2.
4. Setup a Passcode for Samsung Gear S2
This might be one of the most useful Samsung Gear S2 hidden features, you can set a pin to secure your device and prevent unauthorized access.
- Press the home or power button to open the apps screen.
- Look for settings.
- Go to screen lock.
- Tap PIN
- Enter a 4-digit pin.
- Re-enter the pin and confirm
Moreover, you cannot only set a PIN for security. You can also choose a pattern for the lock type. However, pin provides medium to the high-security level.
5. Disable Wake-Up Gesture
Another best Samsung Gear S2 hidden feature, it is associated with the gyroscope. Our Gear S2 turns on its display when you sway your hands, this is a disadvantage when you do activities that raise your hand like jogging. However, you can disable this gesture to save your battery.
- Look for Gear Fit in the list of apps in your mobile device
- Tap Settings
- Tap Wake-up Gesture
- Disable the slider of wake-up gesture
6. Enable power saving mode
Samsung Gear S2 comes with power saving mode to optimize the battery life and thus it is considered one of the most crucial Samsung Gear S2 tips. To enable it
- Swipe right to left
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Power saving and enable it
when on the power saving mode, the colors are displayed in grey tones, deactivates the WiFi feature, limits CPU performance, and deactivates all the functions except calls, messages, and notifications.
7. Unlock Samsung Gear S2 without password
Gear S2 users always get this question: How do I unlock the Samsung Gear 2 watch without passcode? Well, in this section, I’ll tell you how to unlock your Samsung Gear S2 watch without password.
If a security lock is set on your Gear S2, you have to unlock it using the PIN or pattern. But if you have forgotten the password, the easiest way to unlock it is the remote reset.
To remotely reset your Gear S2 watch,
- Open the Galaxy Wearable App on the connected phone
- Tap Find My Watch
- Tap on Set security. If you didn’t use Find My Watch earlier, tap turn on remote connection > Set security.
- Tap Reset Watch > Reset
- Enter your Samsung account password and tap confirm.
- The watch will reboot after remote reset. Connect the watch to your phone with the Galaxy Wearable app.
Samsung Gear S2: For any Occasion
The mentioned were the best Samsung Gear S2 hidden features, tips, and tricks that can help you get through your everyday life conveniently. Moreover, the frequently asked questions are generally heard from those who newly purchased a Gear S2.
Do you know other hidden features, tips, and tricks for Samsung Gear S2? Drop it in the comment section below. Also, if you have a friend or colleague who has a Samsung Gear S2, share this article to help them.