If humanity did not harness electricity, then many functional electronic appliances which ease our daily lives would not exist.
However, we do not have to think about such a thing, and we consider it natural to make an electric device work, as we must first turn it on. But do you consider switching your light, fan, and other appliances on in a smarter and more accessible manner? If so, then you are in the right place to know the best smart home switches available in the market.
You may wonder what the difference is between traditional and smart switches Smart switches make your life much easier compared to traditional switches because they enable you to turn on and off your appliances anywhere, from any corner of your home with the help of a radio frequency upon receiving the signal. You can download and get an app for Google Home here.
A smart switch provides you with voice-enabled control which recognizes your voice and helps you turn on and off your light, fan, and other appliances. You need not think about forgetting to turn it off, because they come with an ideal feature where you can program the timing to turn it off without your input. There are many types of smart switches available in the market like Wi-Fi enabled, radar frequency, and even smart home switches that run on neutral wiring as well. You can find the best home Assistant devices here.
- 8 Best Philips Smart Light Bulbs and Switches: Smarten Your Home
- Top 10 Best Unusual Smart Home Devices
- The Best Smart Home Hubs of 2022 │Top 5
Get Smart with Smart Home Switches
If you are ready to upgrade to smart home switches, but have no idea about the smart switches available on the market, then this article has you covered with a list of the best smart home switches.
- Kasa Smart Light Switch
- Moes Go Wifi Smart Switch
- Lutron Caseta Deluxe Smart Dimmer Switch
- GHome Smart
- Sonoff Smart Light Switch
- GE CYNC Smart Switch Light
1. Kasa Smart Light Switch
Kasa Smart Lights are one of the leading sellers of smart home switches that comes with UL certification for safety. Installation is simple as it has complete guidance with the installation available in the Kasa app.
It offers you control from anywhere (office, home, or on vacation) using the case app. It provides you with voice control of the lights via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. You can use a timer or countdown schedule to turn off the light when you are away from your home.
- It provides you with WiFi frequency up to 2.4GHz.
- Easy to install.
- It enables you to control switches in groups.
- It does not provide motion and light detection.
- You can’t use it as a three-way switch.
2. Moes Go Wifi Smart Wall Light Switch
This switch provides unique features like installation without a power board, it can remember the last settings, and can automatically switch on or off accordingly after you power it off. The “Smart Life” app enables you to control lights from anywhere.
You can enjoy hand-free convenience by controlling the lights with your voice using Alexa and Google Home. It also enables you to set a timer or countdown schedule to turn it off automatically.
- Power consumption requires ≤0.5W.
- It provides a 3-way control.
- Available in multiple colors.
Made of glass, it could break easily.
3. Lutron Caseta Deluxe Smart Dimmer Switch
Lutron Caseta is one of the best selling smart home switches which offers automatic adjustment according to the season, therefore you need not worry about the lighting. It has a wide range of voice control features which you can control via Amazon Alexa, Apple home kit, Google Assistant, Serena Shades, and Sonos.
You may control the switches by using the Lutron app and it can control many bulbs at once. You can use the Pico remote to add more convenience to your control.
- A push-button switch helps you control the switches.
- It contains a battery.
- Not suitable for all places as it uses maximum watts every time you use the switch.
- It is difficult to use without proper guidance.
- 5 Best Google Home Compatible Speakers in 2022
- Alexa Compatible Devices You Should Have in 2023
- Top 7 Best Smart Motion Sensor in 2023
4. GHome Smart
GHome Smart Light – One of the Smart Home Switches comes with UL certification’s requirement of neutral wiring. You can conveniently control the smart lights with your voice via Alexa and Google Home Assistant. You can set the timer or schedule it to turn on and off while you are away from home.
- It provides easy installation and is used as a one-way dimmer.
- It consumes less than one volt when you use it in large applications.
- These switches are compatible with Alexa and Google Home Assistant.
- It is difficult to fix in different band routers.
- You cannot use it as a three-way pole.
5. Sonoff Smart Light Switch
Sonoff presents itself in a different manner from other smart lights as it separates high and low voltage for the safety of the switch. It is the only smart switch that enables you to use the eWe link remote control for the function of the switch and is simple to operate.
Do you prefer to upgrade your home or office with smart home switches? This smart light switch features FCC/CE certificate and a UKCA certificate. It guarantees you the performance of the switch.
- It provides CE/FCC certificates.
- It takes complete responsibility to control the voltage.
- Easy to operate.
- It doesn’t specifically contain apps on its own. Uses Amazon Alexa and google assistant.
- It does not support a Home kit.
6. GE CYNC Smart Light Switch
Ready to upgrade with smart home switches? And make traditional bulbs smarter without connecting to a hub? You can easily install it anywhere or carry it anywhere around your home. One touch control controls the whole room and is always ready to control it even if the switches are off. It can be installed on your own or with the help of a professional. All you require is a ground wire and 2.4GHz WiFi.
They introduced Cync Smart switches and remotes for simple, smart touch control. Add any two Cync Smart switches to make three-way control and group them on the app for more space in your home. Schedule your lights to turn on and off. Save energy and money when you aren’t home by setting this smart feature in your Cync app.
- It’s easy to install.
- Neutral wire not required.
- Switch has a built-in WiFi option.
- It can only connect with bulbs and tube lights.
- It doesn’t support Homekit.
- Top 7 Smart Ceiling Fan With Light in 2023
- Best Surge Protectors in 2023 For Better Protection
- Best Streaming Lights That Are a Must-Buy in 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Smart Home switches are best?
These are the 6 best options for Smart switches:
Kasa Smart Light Switch
Moes Go Wifi Smart Switch
Lutron Caseta Deluxe Smart Dimmer Switch
Sonoff Smart Light Switch
GE CYNC Smart Switch Light
What is the best smart switch in 2022?
The best smart switch must have certain features such as presence-sensing automation, scheduling, energy monitoring, integrated automation with other smart home gadgets, surge protection, and dimming which present themselves differently from regular switches. Lutron Caseta Smart Switches serve the best of the best as they are both reliable and durable.
How do smart home switches work?
Smart switches start working when linked to your home’s wireless network and you can flip the switch on or off remotely or via voice assistant. Even if the wifi is turned off a smart switch continues to work as a regular switch.
Are Smart Switches good?
Smart switches are a better option when you are trying to connect multiple bulbs. They come with a single switch. It saves money and is efficient enough to avoid a complicated circuit board. By using WiFi built-in switches, you can connect your home with compatible software such as Alexa and Google Home devices.
Final Thoughts on Smart Home Switches
Technology can make life easier and more convenient. Smart home switches can not only upgrade your home but can also improve your future. Every home should have a smart switch as it is important not only to upgrade your home.
As life continues to change, it is necessary to change your lifestyle, and smart switches play a major role in designing such lifestyles and provide an upgrade to one’s one, and one’s self.
I hope this article helped and what are the best options available for smart home switches available in Amazon? If you have any doubts or feel we missed something, Let us know in the comment section below!