In today’s trend of home automation, smart thermostats are on top of the list. It is essential for controlling our home’s temperature throughout the day.
Smart thermostats are programmed to control the heat and air condition using a schedule. It can also be connected through Wi-Fi and smartphones to remotely control it.
The best thermostats have a sensor that records the external and internal temperature and the time used with the HVAC system.
Furthermore, it provides a notification when the air filter needs a replacement. This information is displayed on the connected device, such as Android devices. There are home automations compatible with Android devices.
1. Nest Learning Thermostat – $214.97
The Nest Learning Thermostat is considered one of the best smart home thermostat because of its efficiency, convenience, and it conserves energy.
It has a sleek design of stainless steel. It has an automatic schedule that enables the system to turn off when you are away. It can learn from your behavior. Moreover, it can be controlled through phone or voice assistant like Google Assistant.
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel/ Polished Steel /Mirror Black/Black/Copper/White/Brass
- Farsight: You can read the display across the room. The display lights up to show the time, temperature, and time.
- Sunblock: The smart thermostat uses a light sensor to determine where the sun is to compensate with the room temperature.
- Energy Conservation
- Nest Protect: It detects carbon monoxide leak and turns off the heating system.
- Heat link: It enables you to control the broiler and connect with the thermostat wireless.
- Auto-schedule: Observes your behavior. It learns and programs the temperature you usually set.
- Supports Android and iOS application
- Voice assistants: Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
2. Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat – $228.98
From all the smart thermostats, Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat is the first to have a Room Sensor and a built-in Amazon Alexa. The Room Sensor determines whether there are occupancy and temperature, giving the desired comfort throughout the house.
It conserves energy, it saves up to 23% of the heating and cooling costs. Ecobee products are easy to install and the Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat has the same wiring layout. Moreover, its software is fast and easy to boot.
- Available color: Black
- Easy to install: It can be installed in just 30 minutes.
- HomeIQ: Monthly energy conservation and determines how you can save cost and energy.
- Room Sensors: Install room sensors in the most important parts of the house. It will signal the smart thermostat to automatically change the temperature of comfort.
- Control from anywhere: You can adjust the temperature in your thermostat from wherever you are. You can just use your Android device or iOS device.
- Smart Home Integration: Works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, HomeKit, Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Logitech, and IFTT.
3. Tado Smart Thermostat
The Tado Smart Thermostat has a minimalistic white aesthetic design that displays the temperature and connection status. It connects to the Internet to monitor the weather forecast. Moreover, it has radiator valves connected to the Internet that ensures that every room of your home is heated.
It helps you save 15% of the overall energy. The geofencing feature of Tado ensures that you did not waste energy when you are not at home.
- Multi-zone Control: This smart home thermostat can control separate zones with individual temperature settings.
- Detailed report: You can view app reports that show the amount of energy your heating system consumes.
- Smart Home Integration: Works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT.
- Supports Android, iOS, and Windows application
4. Honeywell Lyric T5 Smart Thermostat – $129.99
Honeywell Lyric T5 Smart Thermostat is a versatile and aesthetic thermostat of your choice. It needs to be connected through an application or Wi-Fi for you to control it. It is compatible with Amazon Echo, Stringify, Apple HomeKit, Google Home and IFTTT.
It supports geofencing to conserve energy. However, to install the smart home thermostat, it requires a C wire from the HVAC system. You do not have to worry though, there is a detailed instruction provided to make the installation easy.
- Available color: Black
- Adaptive Recovery: It can determine the desired temperature as of the moment. It can automatically change from the needed heat or cold.
- Supports Android and iOS applications
- 7-Day Geofencing
- Smart Home Integration: It works with Amazon Echo, Apple HomeKit, Google Home, Stringify and IFTTT.
Check out more of the best smart thermostats that work great with your Android device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ultimately, any of the 2018’s top smart home thermostats for Android will make your life convenient. Its efficiency in smart scheduling provides not just the ideal temperature but also it reduces your bills. The only question we have for you is, which smart thermostat is the best for you? Leave your thoughts below!